RN - Heart & Vascular Clinic Job
Full Job Title: RN - Heart & Vascular
Job Number: 17008900
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Full Time
Under physician direction develops, implements, evaluates, and manages the care and education of clinic patients in the following settings: clinic, surgical and hospital. Under the limitations of RN licensure and medical staff guidelines assist in both inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures.
- Assist physician during surgical procedures by performing various tasks including but not limited to following suture lines, holding clamps and cutting suture lines.
- Perform preparation and completion of all pre-op and post-op paperwork for surgery.
- Participate in hospital rounding on vascular patients. Document appropriate progress notes and/or verbal orders for patients. Perform dictation of patient discharge summaries.
- Communicate effectively with patients, staff and physicians to anticipate needs and develop and implement actions to be taken in response to complaints related to patient care processes.
- Document procedures, steps, and action performed by physician while in wound care clinic setting.
- Perform dressing changes, removal of sutures, staples, drains as needed in hospital and wound care setting.
- Direct patient care during clinic setting, including performing patient interviews and assessments under physician supervision. Maintain medical records in office setting.
- Compile data and information to assist physician with research. Research patient charts, patient history, and procedure records to compile data.
- Perform other duties that correspond to the overall functions of this position.
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs