RN - Float Pool Job
Full Job Title: RN - Float Pool
Job Number: 15015238
Facility: SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
Location: Mount Vernon, IL
Schedule: Full Time
Assesses, plans, coordinates, and implements, and evaluates nursing care for adult and adolescent patients.
- Effectively delivers outstanding care to assigned patients and reports changes to physicians when appropriate using SBAR.
- Consistently processes and transcribes physician's orders timely and accurately per policy
- Maintains working knowledge of organizational specific policies, protocols and care paths by attending scheduled competencies and demonstration of skills including proficiency in IV therapy
- Maintains fiscal responsibilities by efficient use of supplies and resources.
- Willingly supports the Clinical Care Coordinator/Charge Nurse by helping to maintain productivity and following the staffing guidelines/grids.
- Effectively assesses critical results. Also collects, reports and documents data accurately, including but not limited to I/O, Vital signs, Accuchecks & collection of specimens.
- Always uses the 5 rights & two patient identifiers when administering medications.
- Educates patients & families, keeping them informed of tests and treatments and addressing concerns.
- Manages hourly rounding with purpose using POINT for all assigned patients and makes rounds with physicians
- Routinely assures that call lights are answered within an appropriate time frame.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Illinois RN License
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider)
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital–Mt. Vernon, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 134-bed hospital with the only open heart surgery program in the region. In 2015, the hospital launched a new pediatric emergency and NICU telemedicine program in conjunction with the physicians at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. For three consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Patient Safety Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Citation of Merit Award for Outstanding Patient Care.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs