RN - Float Job
Full Job Title: Float RN - Multi Specialty Oncology (Columbus/Portage/Beaver Dam)
Job Number: 16010685
Facility: SSM Health Dean Medical Group Portage
Location: Portage, WI
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8am - 5pm
SSM Health - Dean Medical Group is one of the largest integrated healthcare delivery systems in the country. Dean was established in 1904 with Regional offices in Madison, Wisconsin, Dean provides medical and health services through a network of clinics located throughout Southern Wisconsin.
At Dean Medical Group, we are committed to improving the health of our community and being one of the best providers of healthcare in the country. Our goal is to provide unsurpassed quality and compassionate care to every patient, every time. If your first priority is to provide the very best customer service to those you serve, apply today!
The Registered Nurse, Regional Relations, Multi-Specialty performs as a professional nurse in the areas of patient care and education.
Home site is Columbus. Monday and Wednesday in Columbus; Tuesday and Thursday in Portage; Friday in Baraboo.
1. Utilizes the nursing process: assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation in all patient encounters.
2. Performs nursing procedures.
3. Independently manages chemotherapy administration which including mixing as well as IV administration; managing the line; knowledge and understanding of drugs and interactions and referring to physician when necessary.
4. Assists medical provider with processing of diagnostic results bringing significant values to the provider's attention. Have knowledge of tests and procedures and their significance as related to patient care.
5. Administers medication by all routes. Demonstrates and understands administration techniques. Recognizes the implementation of dosages, interactions, side effects, adverse effects, routes of administration of drugs as they apply to individual patients. Uses knowledge of medications in instructing patients about medication therapy.
6. Triages/screens telephone call related to patient care.
a. Obtains appropriate information with attention to detail and accuracy (i.e. using direct symptom related questions – keeping patient focused.)
b. Makes nursing assessment utilizing, theory and judgment, and patient information.
c. Implements appropriate care using nursing assessment, protocols, and standing orders.
7. Performs delegated medical acts and provides supervision as needed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act to the LPNs and unlicensed personnel.
8. Assesses patient status to determine need for treatment or intervention in life threatening situations. Participates using emergency standing orders if needed, or under the direct supervision of a medical provider.
9. Establishes working relationships teaching protocols for patient education, family counseling and general public information.
10. Takes a leadership role in the facilitation of department functions including mentoring new staff and ensuring policies & procedures are followed.
11. Leads and participates in site process and policy improvement teams.
12. Cross train and staff other departments as needed.
13. Assists in the development and implementation of policies, protocols, standing orders and quality assurance standards.
14. Responsible for learning all departments as directed.
15. Maintains coverage for professional staff (LOA's, vacations, and sick time) and ability to travel to other sites.
16. Will receive orientation to other clinic locations.
17. Perform other duties as needed.
1. Graduate from an accredited registered nursing program with State Licensure or eligible for State Licensure as a Registered Nurse
2. 1- 3 years previous nursing experience.
3. Must complete and pass the Proficiency Assessment delivered at the conclusion of the onboarding program.
4. Strong communication skills.
5. Ability to travel to other locations.
6. Ability to adapt to a variety of situations and specialties.
1. Relevant clinic experience preferably with a multi-specialty focus.
2. Proficiency with IV therapies and critical assessment.
3. Previous experience in Oncology.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to stand for extended periods.
2. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
3. Ability to see fine print and to use the computer
4. Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as when working with instruments, patient care tasks, writing, computer or phone tasks.
5. Ability to safely lift up to 20 pounds and to push/pull up to 100 pounds when working with equipment, pushing wheelchairs, or assisting with patient handling tasks.
6. Ability to bend/twist and crouch when performing various job tasks.
7. Ability to work with and to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment when working with bloodborne pathogens or other chemicals.
8. Ability to wear a respirator.
9. Ability to safely drive a personal vehicle on a weekly basis.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs