RN - First Assistant Job
Full Job Title: RN First Assist - Surgery
Job Number: 17004056
Facility: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - Lake Saint Louis
Location: Lake St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Part Time, Part Time (Benefit Eligible), 8 Hour Day
Creates an environment that leads to a positive patient care experience by evaluating, planning and implementing effective patient care plans within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care and operational guidelines.
- Coordinates and contributes to exceptional safe, quality patient care through performance of first assist skills and responsibilities ( i.e. keeping operative field clear of blood and debris, providing exposure in the operative field, applying traction, tying, cauterizing, and closing surgical wounds), patient safety, evaluating the patient's response to surgical interventions, monitoring smooth transition through the perioperative phases as measured by quality audits, observations and core measures.
- Contributes to safe, quality care through accurate and timely processing physician's orders, consulting with surgeon, establishing priorities, performing treatments, administering medication, interpreting/analyzing clinical data, and administering emergency procedures as measured by quality audits, core measures, preventable sentinel/serious events.
- Contributes to exceptional quality and safe patient care by demonstrating competency in surgical first assist nursing skills, procedures/treatments, critical decision making and maintaining a high level of expertise in surgical nursing as measured by quality audits, core measures and preventable sentinel /serious events.
- Contributes to exceptional health care services by establishing a compassionate environment by serving as the patient advocate, timely responses to patients' needs, open communication and providing emotional, psychological support to friends and families as measured by patient satisfaction.
- Fosters physician and employee commitment through effective collaboration, communication and timely and accurate documentation as measured by physician and employee satisfaction and documentation audits.
- Contributes to achievement of exceptional health care by functioning as a member of the team as measured by active participation in department initiatives, unit meetings, committees and special projects.
- State of MO RN License
- 2 Years of experience; Basic RNFA training course or comparable experience
- CNOR preferred, CNOR required within first six months of position.
Credentialed as an RNFA by the medical staff. Required Certification: Emergency Dept – BLS,ACLS; Med – BLS; Med/Surg – BLS; Telemetry – BLS, ACLS; OR/PACU/ENDO – BLS; Cardiology – BLS; Interventional Radiology – BLS,ACLS.
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – Lake Saint Louis –
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - Lake Saint Louis is the leading provider of health-care services for western St. Charles, Warren and Lincoln counties. The 122-bed hospital is a state-designated Level III trauma center, and specializes in obstetric and pediatric services. It offers emergency services, SSM Health Cancer Care, SSM Health Orthopedics, and SSM Health Pain Care among many other inpatient and outpatient health care services. In 2014, it was named one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics and made Becker's Hospital Review's list of 100 Great Community Hospitals.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs