RN - Endoscopy-SDC-PACU Job
Full Job Title: RN - Endo/Same Day Care/PACU
Job Number: 17007705
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia
Location: Centralia, IL
Schedule: Full Time, Days
Hours: 5:00am - 1:30 pm (flexible)
Responsible for coordinating, assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care for endoscopy patients. Requires critical thinking skills that are necessary to analyze performance/educational needs of patients. Responsible for problem identification, and a high degree of problem solving skills and independent judgment.
- Accepts patient care assignments as directed. Communicates with clinical area team members appropriately.
- Accurately conducts all appropriate nursing aspects of patient assessment while using subjective and objective data.
- Efficiently assesses patient knowledge of surgical/invasive procedure(s) and expectations.
- Involves patient/significant others in their plan of care, education, discharge planning, and prioritization of needs. Utilizes available teaching resources as appropriate, and refers patients/families as appropriate.
- Plans for patient care and intervenes by demonstrating basic nursing skills, observes and accurately documents patient's response to nursing care, and maintains a safe environment.
- Evaluates care by providing ongoing assessments to identify effectiveness of interventions, post-op calls following surgical procedures, verbal responses from patient and family during hospitalization.
- Makes competent clinical decisions and involves management or other team members as appropriate.
- Accurately administers medications, treatments, and nursing interventions as per hospital policy.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Illinois RN License
- ACLS certified or will obtain within 1 year of hire
- 1-3 years in technical field
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Centralia
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 113-bed hospital specializing in cancer care. For six consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Outstanding Patient Experience Award and with the Critical Care Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Citation of Merit Award for High-Value Healthcare.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend. Click here to register today!
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs