RN - Endoscopy Job
Full Job Title: ASC RN - Endoscopy
Job Number: 17008344
Facility: Digestive Health Center
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Part Time (Benefit Eligible), 8 Hour Day, Days
The ASC Endoscopy Registered Nurse (RN) provides highly skilled nursing care in various stages of the patients' procedural experience by following the Nursing Process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of the patient care needs. The Endoscopy RN performs direct and individualized care to patients having gastroenterology and pulmonary endoscopic procedures.
1. Assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and re-evaluation of patient care at various stages of the patient's experience.
2. Demonstrates appropriate verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
3. Provides clear and concise documentation of nursing care in the electronic medical record (EMR).
4. Coordinates changing patient care needs with other team members.
5. Utilizes all opportunities for continual patient assessment and patient teaching.
6. Attends and participates in the development of in-service and continuing education programs to
maintain current skill level.
7. Assists in the organization and development of policies and procedures.
8. Remains current on all policies and procedures that reflect the philosophies and objectives of
Dean Medical Group Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASC's).
9. Maintains professional manner in a varying and quickly changing environment.
10. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
11. Maintains a clean, safe environment with properly functioning equipment.
12. Adheres to and complies with the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in the Joint Commission Accreditation Process
13. Attends and participates in department committees and staff meetings for problem solving and
departmental goal setting.
14. Functions in all areas of ASC's, following proper orientation (OR area specialized training).
15. Maintains universal precautions in daily activities.
1. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current state license in the state of WI.
2. BLS certification or obtained as soon as possible following employment.
3. ACLS certification or obtained as soon as possible following employment.
4. Minimum of one to two (1-2) years nursing experience in a medical/surgical setting; either in hospital, clinic, or ambulatory surgery center setting.
5. Must be able to communicate clearly, effectively, and respectfully within a team dynamic.
6. Must be able to identify, analyze and implement problem solving techniques.
7. Show initiative for self development and continual education.
8. Must be able to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health setting; accept and give direction to and from a number of other health care workers and display initiative, flexibility and adaptability.
1. Previous work experience in a gastroenterology setting.
2. Previous work experience providing procedural sedation, including experience in an Emergency department (ED), Intensive Care setting (ICU), Post Anesthetic Care Unit (PACU), or Urgent Care setting.
3. Membership with or certification from a professional nursing association.
4. PALS certification.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to stand or walk for extended periods and move quickly between tasks.
2. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
3. Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as when working with the computer, writing or phone tasks.
4. Ability to twist/bend, stoop/crouch.
5. Ability to lift and to push/pull boxes, charts, washer, autoclave, mechanical lift, OR booms, OR tables or other equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
6. Ability to safely perform patient handling tasks, such as pushing a stretcher, wheelchair, ambulation assistance or transfers.
7. Ability to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment when working around bloodborne pathogens, lasers or chemicals.
8. Ability to work first, second or third shift type hours.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend.Click hereto register today!
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs