RN - Emergency Services Job
Full Job Title: RN - Emergency Services
Job Number: 17014067
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
Location: Mexico, MO
Schedule: PRN, Varied
The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care and is accountable for the outcome of such care. Directs/oversees other licensed and unlicensed staff in the provision of patient care.
- Initiates accurate and ongoing assessments of the patient's physical, psychological, and social problems for the patient's chief or presenting complaint within the emergency care system. Analyzes ongoing assessment data to formulate nursing diagnoses, identifies collaborative problems and formulates a plan of care and interventions to attain expected and desired outcomes. Professionally communicates the patient condition, changes in this condition, and expected outcomes to other health care providers; when appropriate the patient's significant others is included in these communications.
- The emergency department nurse demonstrates consistent use and compliance of written protocols and procedures including restraints, conscious sedation, medication administration, and documentation; demonstrates sound judgment in emergent and routine situations. Implements a plan of care individualized for each patient based on ongoing assessments, responses to interventions, and expected / desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates competency in emergency nursing procedures, consistently utilizing patient identification, patient monitoring, and appropriate documentation in accordance to the patient's condition and departmental standards. Nurse will continually utilizes systemic and ongoing evaluation of the patient's responses to interventions, determining progress toward resolution of immediate and long term goals and patient needs.
- The emergency department nurse consistently demonstrates efficient utilization of time and resources, and helps foster success of new staff, volunteers, and/or students. Facilitates the efficient through put of patients, serving as a resource for patient admissions, transfers, and discharges. Nurse is actively involved in departmental Shared Accountability, serving as a problems solver on the unit and within the hospital organization.
- Will consistently demonstrate customer service skills to help ensure optimal and positive patient's perception of their emergency department experiences as measured by Press Ganey.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing School
- Current Missouri license as a Registered Nurse or Graduate Nurse eligible to take State Board exam for first time; license required within 3 months of graduation
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider certification/card or must obtain within 3 months of hire. ACLS, PALS and CPI required within 6 months of hire.
- ICS-100 and 700 training required within 3 months of hire. Current employees must obtain TNCC by 12/1/2016. New hires and transfers to the department must obtain TNCC within one (1) year of hire in the department.
- Experience in acute or sub-acute healthcare setting
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs