RN - Emergency Services Job
Full Job Title: RN - Emergency Services
Job Number: 17005983
Facility: SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
Location: Mount Vernon, IL
Schedule: Full Time, Days, Weekends
The RN assesses, plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates nursing care for patients in area assigned.
- Effectively assess assigned patients and report changes to physician when appropriate.
- Implement interventions by processing physician's orders timely and documenting accurately.
- Complete assigned lessons in LMS and attend scheduled competencies to maintain a working knowledge of organizational specific policies and protocols.
- Routinely perform assigned daily and weekly duties to maintain adequately stocked supplies and a clean and safe work environment.
- Consistently provide quality care based upon CMS established guidelines.
- Effectively assess critical results, report and document data accurately, including but not limited to Vital Signs and Point of Care tests.
- Always use the five rights and two patient identifiers when administering medications.
- Educate patient and/or family about tests/treatments/conditions, appropriately address concerns, provide appropriate discharge instructions to include a follow up physician.
- Reassess and document on assigned patients at a minimum of every two hours or more frequently if condition requires. This includes, but is not limited to, vital signs and pain level.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Illinois RN License
- Must obtain ACLS, BLS, PALS, and ECRN within one year of employment in the ED/CDU
- One year med/surg experience
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital–Mt. Vernon, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 134-bed hospital with the only open heart surgery program in the region. In 2015, the hospital launched a new pediatric emergency and NICU telemedicine program in conjunction with the physicians at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. For three consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Patient Safety Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Citation of Merit Award for Outstanding Patient Care.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs