RN - ER Job
Full Job Title: RN - Emergency Room
Job Number: 17011967
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Nights
- Initiates accurate and ongoing assessments of the patient's physical, psychological, and social problems for the patient's chief or presenting complaint within the emergency care system.
- Analyzes ongoing assessment data to formulate nursing diagnoses, identifies collaborative problems and formulates a plan of care and interventions to attain expected and desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates consistent use and compliance of written protocols and procedures including restraints, conscious sedation, medication administration, and documentation; demonstrates sound judgment in emergent and routine situations.
- Professionally communicates the patient condition, changes in this condition, and expected outcomes to other health care providers; when appropriate the patient's significant others is included in these communications.
- Implements a plan of care individualized for each patient based on ongoing assessments, responses to interventions, and expected / desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates competency in emergency nursing procedures, consistently utilizing patient identification, patient monitoring, and appropriate documentation in accordance to the patient's condition and departmental standards.
- Continually utilizes systemic and ongoing evaluation of the patient's responses to interventions, determining progress toward resolution of immediate and long term goals and patient needs.
- Consistently demonstrates customer service skills to help ensure optimal and positive patient's perception of their emergency department experiences as measured by Press Ganey.
- Actively involved in departmental Shared Accountability, serving as a problems solver on the unit and within the hospital organization.
- Facilitates the efficient through put of patients, serving as a resource for patient admissions, transfers, and discharges.
- Consistently demonstrates efficient utilization of time and resources, and helps foster success of new staff, volunteers, and/or students.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current Missouri license as a Registered Nurse or Graduate Nurse eligible to take State Board exam for first time
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider certification/card or must obtain within 6 months of hire. ACLS and PALS certification within 6 months of hire.
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs