RN - Critical Care Job
Full Job Title: Staff Nurse - Critical Care
Job Number: 16011810
Facility: St. Louis, MO
Location: St. Louis, MO
Hours: several options available
Are you an experienced Critical Care nurse looking to join our local traveler pool? We are always looking for experienced nurses for our Team Plus program. Team Plus RNs travel to all SSM Health locations in the St. Louis area except for Cardinal Glennon.
These roles vary in benefit eligibility but all include aggressive pay incentives! The hourly rate is based on years of experience with shift, holiday and weekend premiums, plus incentive for floating across St. Louis hospitals. Shifts for Team Plus program are self-scheduled through an online system.
**This is not an application for an open position. Based on your qualifications you may be invited to complete an application for an opening in the future.***
The Staff Nurse will create an environment that leads to a positive patient care experience by evaluating, planning and implementing effective patient care plans within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care and operational guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Coordinates and contributes to exceptional safe, quality patient care through accurate and timely patient assessments, re-assessments, development of an appropriate plan of care, evaluation of the effectiveness of care and modifies plan of care accordingly as measured by quality audits, observations and core measures.
• Contributes to safe, quality care through accurate and timely processing physician's orders, performing treatments, administering medication, interpreting/analyzing clinical data, and administering emergency procedures as measured by quality audits, core measures, preventable sentinel/serious events.
• Contributes to exceptional quality and safe patient care by demonstrating competency in clinical nursing skills, procedures/treatments, and critical decision making and maintaining a high level of expertise in professional nursing as measured by quality audits, core measures and preventable sentinel /serious events.
• Contributes to exceptional patient satisfaction by establishing a compassionate patient environment by timely responding to patients' needs, open communication and providing emotional, psychological support to patients, friends and families as measured by patient satisfaction.
• Ensures exceptional physician and employee commitment through collaboration, effective communication and timely and accurate documentation as measured by physician and employee satisfaction and documentation audits.
• Contributes to the achievement of exceptional health care by functioning as a member of the team as measured by active participation in department initiatives, unit meetings, committees and special projects.
• Minimum 3 years in Critical Care
• Able to travel across all St. Louis entities (excluding Cardinal Glennon)
• Able to work two 12-hour weekend shifts every 28 days
• Able to work one major and two minor holidays
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs