RN - Critical Care Job
Full Job Title: RN - Critical Care
Job Number: 17007377
Facility: SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
Location: Mount Vernon, IL
Schedule: Full Time, Nights
The RN Critical Care assesses, plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates nursing care for medical-surgical patients who are critically ill.
The ideal candidate will administer and monitor sedation analgesia, Arrhythmia interpretation and appropriate intervention, Cardioversion and defribrillation, Hemodynamic monitoring/interpretation, Assist with invasive procedures, IABP management, ABG/Lab value interpretation, Code Blue Team Leade
- Effectively assesses and delivers care to assigned patients and reports changes to physician using SBAR when appropriate. Effectively prioritizes patient needs. Follows chain of command as needed for complex/difficult issues.
- Consistently processes and transcribes physicians orders timely and accurately per policy.
- Maintains working knowledge of organizational specific policies, protocols and care paths by attending scheduled competencies and demonstration of skills including proficiency in IV therapy. Manages vaso-active and specialized critical care infusions. Competent in use of critical care equipment, such as ventilators, cardiac output equipment, and IABP.
- Maintains fiscal responsibilities by efficient use of supplies and resources.
- Willingly supports the Clinical Care Coordinator/Director by helping to maintain productivity and following the staffing guidelines.
- Effectively assesses critical results, collects, reports and documents data accurately, including but not limited to I/O, Vital signs, Accuchecks & collection of specimens.
- Always uses the 5 rights & two patient identifiers when administering medications.
- Educates patients & families, keeps informed of tests and treatments and addresses concerns.
- Manages hourly rounding with purpose using POINT for all assigned patients and makes rounds with physicians. Assures that call lights are answered within an appropriate time frame.
- Provides care for post cardiac cath patients including those with interventional procedures.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Illinois RN License
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider)
- ACLS and Critical Care Course within 1 year of employment
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital–Mt. Vernon, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 134-bed hospital with the only open heart surgery program in the region. In 2015, the hospital launched a new pediatric emergency and NICU telemedicine program in conjunction with the physicians at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. For three consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Patient Safety Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Citation of Merit Award for Outstanding Patient Care.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend. Click here to register today!
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs