RN - Clinic Job
Full Job Title: RN, Clinic - Healthplex East
Job Number: 17010568
Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Full Time
Accepts responsibility for clinical aspects of the program.Directs program elements including supervision of staff and programdevelopment.
- Assist providers in patient examination, evaluation, and clinical procedures as needed. Initiate or assist providers with emergency measures including, but not limited to, the following: CPR, oxygen administration, IV placement, and maintenance of oral pharyngeal airway.
- Coordinate ordering and scheduling of hospital-based tests and procedures. Ensure that instructions are given to and fully understood by the patient.
- Analyze patient data and plan nursing interventions based on assessed needs. Make referrals for further assessment by other hospital services as identified in screening/reassessment.
- Validate patient's response to care or treatment and reassess when significant change occurs in patient condition to revise the patient's plan of care.
- Coordinate patient care assignments to personnel supervised, considering staff competencies, patient population, equipment used, condition of patient, environmental factors, infection control, safety factors, and availability of direct/indirect supervision.
- Administer prescribed medications orally, topically, and by injection.
- Maintain pharmacy supplies and prevent expiration of pharmaceuticals and IV solutions stocked by the clinic. Maintain all equipment and supplies, ensuring readiness of all such equipment and supplies.
- Ensure proper disposal of needles, blades, used syringes, and all contaminated articles, and perform other risk management activities.
- Accept responsibility for managing all patient telephone calls of a clinical nature, communicating with the physician as appropriate and providing information to the patient as directed by the physician, documenting when necessary.
- Maintain current knowledge of nursing practice state regulations and accept responsibility for professional practice within the scope of that practice. Maintain clinical skills and knowledge through continuing education activities. Serve as a consultant to all departments and personnel in matters relative to oncology, pulmonary, diabetes, and cardiovascular nursing practice.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as aRegistered Nurse.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facilityspecializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. Thehospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and servesthe needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma,through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. AnthonyHealthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service accessto the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgentcare services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has receivednumerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, CertifiedHealthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation ofMerit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels forquality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and manynational health care organizations.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs