RN - Cardiac Cath Lab Job
Full Job Title: RN - Cardiac Cath
Job Number: 17013802
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Schedule: PRN, Days
Hours: 630am -430pm
- Demonstrates and maintains knowledge and skills necessary to care for the patient group of: 1. Infant, 2. Pediatric, 3. Adolescent, 4. Adult, 5. Geriatric.
- An accurate assessment is completed and documented within 15 minutes of patient arrival to department, and reassments are made according to patient's status.
- Verbalizes knowledge and demonstrates consistent use and compliance for written protocols (ie; pain, conscious sedation, skin, restraint, abuse, parental bonding, etc.).
- Implements plan of care/carepathways.
- Administers medications/IV therapy safely and according to procedure.
- Documentation is legible and utilizes correct forms and guidelines, and the content accurately reflects patient condition.
- Meets discharge and ongoing patient educational needs related to treatment, procedures, disease process, equipment, and medication follow up care (utilizing available materials and resources).
- Communicates changes in patient condition to physicians and necessary staff and uilizes sound judgment in both urgent and routine situations.
- Completes post cath procedure note/communication hand off tool when transferring patient to another caregiver.
- Performs the role and responsibilities of Scrub Nurse, Circulating Nurse and Monitor Tech.
- Competent in the role and responsibilities of Radiology Procedures.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current Missouri license as a Registered Nurse or Graduate Nurse eligible to take State Board exam for first time
- Current American Heart Association BLS/ACLS for Healthcare provider certification/card or must obtain within 6 months of hire.
- 1 year experience as a staff nurse on ICU or Cardiac Stepdown Unit
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs