RN - Cardiac Cath Lab Job
Full Job Title: RN - Cardiac Cath Lab
Job Number: 17009559
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia
Location: Centralia, IL
Schedule: Part Time (Benefit Eligible), Days
Hours: 7 am-1:30pm
The Cath Lab registered nurse plans coordinates and implements care to the adult patient in the Cardiac Cath Lab. He/she ensures that quality care is provided in an efficient and safe manner consistent with the unit's standards of care and will demonstrate competency skills appropriate to the clinical area.
- Performs as a circulator by retrieving correct supplies for use during the procedure. Confirms the supply is correct by first checking with the scrub tech.
- Performs in holding by ensuring patient is correctly prepped for the procedure. Ensures needed information, such as H&P, is timely.
- Utilizes critical judgment to analyze patient assessment and administers medications on all patients, including the critically ill patient and reports abnormal information to the physician in a timely manner.
- Performs hemostasis safely and properly with or without vascular devices.
- Routinely enters patient orders and charges. Checks charges to ensure accuracy.
- Provides care of the critically ill patient with the ability to function independently in a stressful situation.
- Performs monthly rounding on patients as directed.
- Routinely educates patients and families based on assessed needs, documents education provided, and keeps them informed of tests and treatments. Provides clear patient instruction on what to expect during the perioperative procedure.
- Assists families to the cardiology area or cath lab area by escorting when necessary.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Illinois RN License
- 1-3 years experience in critical care or emergency department
- Cath lab and special procedure experience
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Centralia
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 113-bed hospital specializing in cancer care. For six consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Outstanding Patient Experience Award and with the Critical Care Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Citation of Merit Award for High-Value Healthcare.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend. Click here to register today!
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs