RN - Behavioral Health Job
Full Job Title: RN - Behavioral Health Senior Care Unit
Job Number: 17001555
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
Location: Mexico, MO
Schedule: PRN, Nights
- Completes and documents a thorough and accurate admission assessment within two hours, including entering consults. Performs accurate reassessments according to unit standard and patients' status. Provides admission and ongoing assessment of patient learning barriers and needs.
- Develops and updates plan of care. Participates in multidisciplinary discharge planning. Updates Patient Care Profile prior to next shift/transfer.
- Verbalizes knowledge and demonstrates consistent use and compliance for written protocols (ie; pain, conscious sedation, skin, restraint, abuse, parental bonding, etc.). Implements plan of care/carepathways. Administers medications/IV therapy safely and according to procedure. Documentation is legible and utilizes correct forms and guidelines, and the content accurately reflects patient condition. Meets discharge and ongoing patient educational needs related to treatment, procedures, disease process, equipment, and medication follow up care (utilizing available materials and resources). Communicates changes in patient condition to physicians and necessary staff. Demonstrates competency in all nursing procedures. Utilizes sound judgment in both urgent and routine situations.
- Evaluates and documents patients' progress for achievement of outcomes. Reports outcome progress to responsible caregiver when leaving department or end of shift. Performs order review at change of personnel.
- Facilitates admission, discharge, and transfer of patients in a timely manner.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current Missouri license as a Registered Nurse or Graduate Nurse eligible to take State Board exam for first time
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider certification/card or must obtain within 3 months of hire
- Current registration for Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR)
Join our recruiters for an online chat any Monday or Wednesday from 11am to 1pm. There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend. Click here to register today!
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs