RN - Ambulatory Surgery Job
Full Job Title: RN Ambulatory Surgery Post Operative
Job Number: 17000281
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison - Surgery and Care Center
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Part Time, Evenings, Nights, Varied
Hours: 5p-10p, 5p-6a with shift differential
This position was created to support patients that need prolonged post operative observation. The hours for the position are Monday - Friday from 5pm-10pm. This position pays time and a half for hours worked when a patient requires an overnight stay. The position offers our full benefit package including tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and holidays.
The Ambulatory Surgery Registered Nurse provides highly skilled nursing care in various stages of the patients' surgical/procedural experience through continual assessment, planning and evaluation of changing patient care needs.
1. Planning, organizing documenting and evaluating nursing care at various stages of the surgical/endoscopic patient's experience in the electronic medical record.
2. Coordinates changing nursing care needs with other team members.
3. Utilizes all opportunities for continual patient assessment and patient teaching.
4. Participates in the development of and attends in-service and continuing education programs to maintain current skill level.
5. Assists in the organization and development of policies and procedures.
6. Remains current on all policies and procedures that reflect the philosophies and objectives of the DMG Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
7. Must be able to maintain professional manner in a varying and quickly changing work environment.
8. Maintains confidentiality of patient
9. Responsible for maintaining clean, safe environment with properly functioning equipment
10. Adheres to and complies with the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in the Joint Commission Accreditation Process.
11. Records all nursing care clearly and concisely in the medical record
12. Attends and participates in staff meetings for problem solving and departmental goal setting
13. Functions in all areas of Ambulatory Surgery Center, following proper orientation (OR area specialized training)
14. Maintains universal precautions in daily activities
1. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current state license in the state of WI.
2. Must be CPR certified or obtained as soon as possible following employment.
3. Minimum of one to two (1-2) years of experience in a post-surgical or PACU nursing role.
4. Must have ACLS certification or obtain certification within 6 months following employment;
5. Ability to identify, analyze and implement problem solving techniques;
6. Show initiative for self-development and continual education;
7. Accept and give direction to and from a number of other health care workers and display initiative, flexibility and adaptability.
1. 2 years of experience in an ambulatory surgery center or post-surgical nursing role.
2. PALS certification or obtain certification within 6 months following employment.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to stand or walk for extended periods and move quickly between tasks.
2. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
3. Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as when working with the computer, writing or phone tasks.
4. Ability to twist/bend, stoop/crouch.
5. Ability to lift and to push/pull boxes, charts, washer, autoclave, mechanical lift, OR booms, OR tables or other equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
6. Ability to safely perform patient handling tasks, such as pushing a wheelchair, ambulation assistance or transfers.
7. Ability to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment when working around blood borne pathogens, lasers or chemicals.
8. Ability to work first, second or third shift type hours.
Dean Clinic –
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs