RN - Ambulatory Surgery Job
Full Job Title: RN - Ambulatory Surgery
Job Number: 17007227
Facility: SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
Location: Mount Vernon, IL
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day, Mid
The job of the Ambulatory Surgery RN is to assess, plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate nursing care for surgical patients.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the perioperative setting.
- Will promptly accept patient assignments when cards are placed in cardex.
- Conduct physical, cultural, spiritual, and psycho social assessment through objective and subjective data.
- Assess patients knowledge of procedure and expectations, involve patient and family in their plan of care, education, and discharge planning.
- Plans for patient care and intervenes by demonstrating basic nursing skills, maintaining clinical skills for peripheral IV insertion and sterile technique when accessing all venous access devices, and properly identifies, labels, and administers medication per hospital policy.
- Adheres to all Universal Protocol policies required by Joint Commission, such as Time Outs, enforcing site marking, and all other patient safety standards.
- Continuously evaluates nursing interventions performed and accurately documents their effectiveness.
- Displays problem solving skills and uses critical thinking when making decisions regarding patient care and notifies surgeons of changes to patients condition or any other pertinent information.
- Exhibit excellent verbal communication skills and be committed to patient satisfaction 100% of the time and will utilize service recovery skills.
- Provide information to patients and families related to the care provided, notifies management of any issues or concerns voiced.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current Illinois RN license
- 1 to 3 years experience
About SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital–Mt. Vernon, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 134-bed hospital with the only open heart surgery program in the region. In 2015, the hospital launched a new pediatric emergency and NICU telemedicine program in conjunction with the physicians at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. For three consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Patient Safety Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Citation of Merit Award for Outstanding Patient Care.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs