Pulmonary Function - X-Ray Tech Job
Full Job Title: Pulmonary Function/X-Ray Tech
Job Number: 17008951
Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Full Time
Operate a variety of equipment to obtain data relative tohuman respiratory and ventilatory function for use by physicians in diagnosingand treating cardiopulmonary disorders.
- Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing Cardiopulmonary Services - Pulmonary Laboratory services for patient population served
- Acquire patient history and vital information, and assure patients best efforts while conducting Pulmonary Function tests.
- Operate radiologic equipment in prescribed manner to ensure safe, quality and cost efficient plain radiographs with minimal discomfort to the patient. Examine finished radiographs to ensure quality of requested anatomical views.
- Transport patients for testing as needed.
- Clean and maintain equipment and non-disposable supplies, read Barometric Pressure and Calibrate equipment daily, change High pressure gas tanks in Lab and occasionally at Bone and Joint Hospital.
- Train students.
- Keep abreast of advancements in the field by retaining membership in relevant professional organizations, reading pertinent publications, attending educational workshops/conferences, self-study, etc.
- Display professional and therapeutic behavior towards patients and coworkers in keeping with the philosophy of the Hospital. Maintain confidentiality regarding patient information at all times.
- Answer phone, take messages, and receive orders from the floor. Schedule patients, prepare reports for physicians, mail, and file reports and acquire partial admitting information on outpatients. Maintain designated departmental records.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Registered Pulmonary Technician (RPT) with theNational Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) preferred.
- Experience with performing diagnostic laboratoryand/or radiographic procedures typically performed in a physician practicepreferred
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facilityspecializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. Thehospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and servesthe needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma,through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. AnthonyHealthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service accessto the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgentcare services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has receivednumerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, CertifiedHealthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation ofMerit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels forquality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and manynational health care organizations.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs