Public Relations Consultant Job
Full Job Title: Public Relations Consultant
Job Number: 17009279
Facility: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Fenton
Location: Fenton, MO
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day, Days
- Writes feature stories to pitch to the media and arranges interviews under quick deadlines to meet the requirements of media when contacted for stories.
- Writes timely health stories for use online, both internally and externally.
- Responsible for writing MyNews articles and sending internal newsletters to employees and physicians.
- Works with the internal SSM Health communications team, leadership, Human Resources and other groups to craft local internal communications.
- Serves as local/lead media representative during times of crisis communication as needed.
- Serves as SSM Health representative with the media as needed.
- Works with local staff to identify media opportunities and then pitches those stories to key media contacts in the market to help achieve system media relations goals.
- Arranges interviews under quick deadlines to meet the requirements of the media when contacted for stories.
- Ensures the internal communications and external public relations needs of local marketing and strategy teams are met.
- Assists in the writing of executive speeches and other communication as needed.
- Posts local event photos, news and recognitions to social media.
- Organizes hospital participation in community events; works to engage staff to be SSM Health ambassadors in the community; attends dinners and special community events; and supports key partnerships with community organizations.
- Develops community relations plans to increase awareness and usage of SSM services.
- Monitors the success of initiatives and continually improve results.
- Works with the local Community Health Needs Assessment team to ensure we are providing useful community benefits to the local market.
- Ensures logo and color palette usage are consistent with corporate and regional standards.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, or related field required
- 4 to 6 years of public relations, community relations, journalism, or media relations required
- Proficient with computer skills, including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and social media
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs