Program Manager Job
Full Job Title: Program Manager
Job Number: 17009383
Facility: SSM Health - Integrated Health Technologies
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
Reporting to the VP of IS Strategy & Planning, the Program Manager is the key individual responsible for managing the largest and most complex SSM Health Strategic IS Projects. They will also be responsible for defining the IS project management processes and standards and establishing targets, benchmarks and performance measures for IS project delivery.
Project management is one of the core IS competences and as the size, scope and complexity of healthcare information systems, such as the electronic medical record and diagnostic imaging, continue to grow, in parallel with the increased complexity of the IS infrastructure needed to support them, the ability to manage and deliver these projects on-time, on-budget and with the agreed level of functionality becomes one of the distinguishing competences for SSM Health IS.
- Manage the delivery of the largest and most complex SSM Health Strategic IS projects ensuring on-time, on-budget delivery with the agreed level of functionality. This is a critical competence as the size and complexity of these projects continues to grow.
- Serve as the key interface between the project steering committee, and/or senior management, and the project team providing timely reports on progress together with an analysis of potential issues and risks and corrective actions required.
- Contribute to the definition of a IHT project management methodology based on current IT best practice recognizing the differences in approach required based on the size and complexity of the project and the need to support traditional (waterfall), rapid application development (RAD) and package implementation approaches.
- Help in establishing an agreed set of targets, benchmarks and performance measures for IS project delivery aimed at supporting a culture of continuous improvement with respect to project delivery.
- Support the implementation of an IHT IS project management office (PMO) responsible for recording project requests and approvals and tracking and reporting project delivery and benefit achievement.
- Implement projects using waterfall, RAD, and package implementation approaches, as appropriate, and have a detailed understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each approach.
- Ensure projects have an appropriately defined set of business requirements and that they stay within agreed tolerances with respect to scope and budget raising an alert to senior management as soon as these tolerances are exceeded so that corrective action can be taken.
- Provide both high level and detailed project estimates and refine these as a project proceeds so that they achieve at least a -15% tolerance at the end of the design phase.
- Develop an initial project plan and baseline and update and re-baseline the plan when needed or whenever the project tolerances are exceeded.
- Track projects post implementation to ensure that the expected benefits are achieved and reported.
- Perform project post-implementation analyses to establish lessons learned and ensure that these are incorporated in the overall project management approach.
- Master's Degree required
- 10 years of experience managing and delivering complex IS projects
- Imparts the mission, philosophy, values, and vision of SSM Health and facilitates the integration of values in CQI activities.
- Grasp the detailed requirements for major projects but be able to reduce these to a key set of prioritized goals that need to be focused on at any point in time.
- Rapidly form a project team with a shared understanding of the goals, priorities, timeline and budget of the project.
- Communicate project goals and status to a broad range of partners in way that gives them confidence that they understand the project and that it is under control.
- Recognize the difference between minor changes that can be accommodated and those that are outside the project's scope or increase its level of risk.
- Be able to recommend changes in functionality, timeline, budget or scope that can be used to correct a project that has gone, or is in risk of going, outside its scope.
SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies –
At SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies, information systems and clinical engineering systems come together to form a hub of technology for SSM Health - an integrated delivery network with hospitals in four states: Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. It is based in St. Louis with locations throughout our system. It has been honored four times with Missouri Quality Awards since 2002 and has been recognized as a national leader in the adoption of an electronic health record.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs