Polysomnography Technician Job
Full Job Title: Polysomnography Technician
Job Number: 17009331
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Schedule: Occasional/Subs, Nights
The Polysomnography Technician performs technical duties of the Sleep Center. Instructs and prepares the patient for testing, monitors and collects data pertaining to the patient's sleep pattern, assesses patient and communicates adverse patient conditions and troubleshoots equipment.
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes work duties to accomplish daily objectives.
- Perform polysomnography according to the department policies and procedures, explain procedures to the patient, and orient them to the Sleep Center.
- Is proficient in patient preparation, sensor application, operation of the polysomnograph , CPAP titration, operating principals and basic troubleshooting of equipment.
- Has an appreciation for the scoring and interpretation of polysomnograms, and ensure the generation of accurate reports.
- Has effective patient assessment and communication skills, ability to recognize and report adverse conditions, maintain effective relationships and communications with all personnel involved concerning treatment and testing.
- Completes all documentation and paperwork, review history, physical information, medications, procedure request and study protocol.
- Perform routine equipment care, maintenance, and inventory evaluation.
- Demonstrates ability to follow directions and perform additional duties as assigned, assist in orientation of new employees and students, assist other Sleep Center staff/hospital personnel as directed.
- All Sleep Technicians conducting sleep testing who are not certified by the BRPT or other accepted certification body as outlined in the AASM Accreditation guidelines a) must be enrolled in or have completed the A-STEP Online Self Study Modules, b) or must be enrolled in or have completed a CAAHEP accredited sleep technology training program, or electroneurodiagnostice (END) program, or respiratory therapy add-on track for sleep technology. The RPSGT exam must be taken and passed within 6 months of completing orientation.
- High School graduate preferable with science-related courses.
- Previous experience in direct patient care with EEG, EKG, respiratory and/or sleep study or relevant education/background in medical field which can be applied.
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs