Polysomnographic Technician Job
Full Job Title: Polysomnographic Tech II
Job Number: 17010188
Facility: St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital
Location: Shawnee, OK
Schedule: Per Diem, Varied
Operate a variety of equipment to obtain data relative to human sleep for use by the interpreting physician in diagnosing and treating sleep disorders.
- Properly assess the patients sleeping habits and chief complaints through interview process.
- Demonstrate ability to correctly apply all patient monitoring devices (EEG electrodes, EKG, EMG, EOG, airflow, respiratory effort, and oximetry) and record physiologic calibrations.
- Institute lights out and monitor the polysomnogram throughout the study recognizing all clinical and physiologic events. Initiate and correctly tirate CPAP if indicated.
- Correctly score the polysomnographic tracings and record all pertinent information in report form.
- Possess knowledge of and the ability to correctly perform and record all aspects of the MSLT procedure.
- Recognize cardiac rhythm abnormalities and notify appropriate personnel according to established protocols. Complete documentation and reporting of all procedures.
- Maintain accurate patient records pertaining to sleep studies and assist as needed in scheduling patients.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Registration by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT).
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital –
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital is a 102-bed acute care facility with approximately 60 physicians and 550 health care professionals that has been serving the health care needs of the Shawnee, Okla. community since 1964. The hospital offers a wide range of
services that include cardiology, oncology, surgery, emergency services and urgent care. Formerly known as Unity Health Center, SSM Health finalized an agreement to bring Unity into our system in 2012. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital offers the community extensive diagnostic services close to home. Additionally, it provides urgent care services in a new location that includes in house lab services and X-ray for the convenience of patients. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital has been recognized for quality by Press Ganey and the Oklahoma Quality Award, and the hospital is a Certified Healthy Business.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs