Polysomnographic Technician Job
Full Job Title: Polysomnography Tech - Registered
Job Number: 17008339
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Schedule: Occasional/Subs, 12 Hour Night, Nights
Performs technical duties of the Sleep Center. Instructs and prepares the patient for testing, monitors and collects data pertaining to the patient's sleep pattern, assesses patient and communicates adverse patient conditions and troubleshoots equipment.
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes work duties to accomplish daily objectives.
- Perform polysomnography according to the department policies and procedures, explain procedures to the patient, and orient them to the Sleep Center.
- Is proficient in patient preparation, sensor application, operation of the polysomnograph , CPAP titration, operating principals and basic troubleshooting of equipment.
- Ability to score sleep/wake stages by applying professionally accepted guidelines, score clinical events according to center specific protocols and ensure the generation of accurate reports.
- Has effective patient assessment and communication skills, ability to recognize and report adverse conditions, maintain effective relationships and communications with all personnel involved concerning treatment and testing.
- Completes all documentation and paperwork, review history, physical information, medications, procedure request and study protocol.
- Perform routine equipment care, maintenance, and inventory evaluation.
- Demonstrates ability to follow directions and perform additional duties as assigned, assist in orientation of new employees and students, assist other Sleep Center staff/hospital personnel as directed.
- Oversees and performs difficult and unusual procedures and therapeutic interventions, demonstrates ability to analyze complex situations and apply policy and complies with the BRPT standards of conduct.
- High School graduate preferable with science-related courses.
- Must be a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist.
- Previous experience in performing polysomnography.
- Must be able to score sleep studies.
- Ability to operate and understand computer equipment, including the HBOC computer system. Ability to do polysomnography. Ability to communicate and establish effective professional working relationships with medical staff, visitors, patients, and health center personnel. Must be able to work independently.
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs