Physician Recruiter Job
Full Job Title: Physician Recruiter
Job Number: 17010218
Facility: SSM Health at Home
Location: Jefferson City - FIELD, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- Responsible for physician, advanced practitioner and associate staff recruitment sourcing strategies, including researching and utilizing appropriate medical journals and web sites, cold calling, sending mass mailings, advertising and attending state and national conferences to identify candidates.
- Interviews medical staff candidates. Reviews benefits, compensation to include guarantee and formula, signing bonuses and stipends, moving allowance, salary advances, employment letters and agreements.
- Oversees arrangements for candidate site visit itineraries including hotel reservations, car rental, touring of clinics, hospital, community, lunch/dinner arrangements and appointments with physicians.
- Initiates regular communication with the Director of Medical Staff Services, Division/Site Chief and Medical Director regarding recruitment and candidate compensation issues.
- Negotiates employment offers with candidates including salary, signing bonus, salary advance and any other necessary terms.
- Facilitates credentials for SSM Health's medical staff at local and regional medical facilitates for permanent and outreach privileges.
- Responsible for obtaining medical staff credential information, hospital privileges, benefit forms, license and DEA certificate.
- Assists with development of the recruitment budget for all advertising, promotion, and social activities related to medical staff recruitment.
- Assists with development of recommendations for short and long term strategies to maximize SSM Health's effectiveness in recruiting and retaining excellence in physicians.
- Participates in and facilitates medical staff orientation including scheduling appointments, distributing orientation schedule, preparing medical staff handbook and traveling to local and affiliated clinics to conduct orientations.
- Coordinates, assembles and composes candidate information packets for presentation to the Office of Medical Affairs (OMA) in conjunction with the Medical Director and Division/Site Chief.
- Participates in presenting medical staff recruitment and retention issues to Director of Medical Staff Services, Site/Division Chief, Medical Director, Administrators and Clinical Managers.
- Facilitates locum tenens hiring with locum tenens agencies and independent contractors, and assists with temporary housing and transportation needs.
- Facilitates medical staff position justification process in conjunction with the Site/Division Chief, Administrator or Medical Director.
- Completes follow up on all searches including: coordination of formal offer, employment agreement drafting and signing, setting up files, benefits and credentialing.
- Provides ongoing education and training to Site/Division Chiefs, Medical Directors and Lead Advanced Practitioners regarding how to write and give performance evaluations.
- Drafts and/or edits performance evaluations for Site/Division Chiefs, Medical Directors and Lead Advanced Practitioners.
- Counsels medical staff, Site/Division Chiefs and Medical Directors in relation to current policies and procedures, including problem solving procedures and employee performance/conduct issues.
- Analyzes and determines appropriate plan of action for disciplinary situations in assigned areas.
- Coordinates termination process for medical staff including scheduling exit interviews for terminating medical staff, notifying medical licensing, DEA, hospitals and sending appropriate interoffice communications; retrieving cell phone, canceling telephone answering security and parking.
- Actively participates in state and national physician recruitment associations.
- Facilitates immigration/VISA process with SSM Health's attorneys for medical staff members as needed.
- Uses personal car to travel to owned and affiliated clinics as needed for recruitment, retention, and employee relations activities.
- Has the ability to work additional hours, including weekends, evenings, early mornings and overnight travel.
- Negotiates and collaborates with physician search firms.
- Responsible for the development of practice profiles in conjunction with department leadership.
- Screens and responds to candidate inquiries; presents candidates to departments for consideration
- Responsible for preparing periodic summaries and reports of recruitment activities.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, or Human Resources with five years Recruitment or related work experience, Associate Degree in a related field with 10 years of recruitment or related experience OR a high school diploma with two years of additional schooling and 10 years of recruitment or related experience.
- Sound knowledge of recruitment and retention procedures.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively with physicians and other medical staff and administrative members.
- The ability to use computer and software programs.
- Knowledgeable on state and federal employment laws including ERISA regulations.
- Fellow of Associate of Staff Physician Recruiters (FASPR) or equivalent.
- 5 years of physician and/or advanced practitioner recruitment experience.
- Health care experience.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs