Physician-Palliative Medicine Job
Full Job Title: Physician-Palliative Medicine-SSM Health Dean Medical Group-Madison, WI
Job Number: 17002570
Facility: SSM Health Dean Medical Group Hematology-Oncology
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Full Time
|SSM Health Dean Medical Group is committed to improving the quality of palliative care services provided to patients and their families and is seeking a physician leader to champion this important organizational imperative. The ideal candidate is clinically outstanding, possesses excellent communication skills and demonstrates high levels of caring and empathy. |
In addition to providing directional leadership to our newly-formed Palliative Medicine Department, which combines a robust inpatient program and an expanding ambulatory program, the Division Chief, Palliative Medicine will work to develop and promote an institutional commitment to palliative care services.
Administrative Responsibilities (0.50 FTE)
• Provide program development oversight to embed and enhance palliative care delivery across the entire continuum of care
• Educate the SSM-WI Region medical community to elevate palliative care awareness and clinical competencies, making palliative care considerations an integral part of daily practice patterns
• Promote interdisciplinary collaboration and strengthen key foundational relationships between - primary and specialty care providers to ensure continuity of communication and documentation - outpatient, inpatient, skilled nursing and home settings to ensure continuity of care post-discharge and medication reconciliation
• Develop and implement EBM best practice palliative medicine standards, including care pathway protocols to support smooth transitions of care • Improve the quality of palliative care across geographic care settings and facilitate a process of continuous quality improvement • Supervise Palliative Medicine MD's and AP's
• Represent the SSM-WI Region in organization-wide palliative medicine initiatives
Clinical Palliative Medicine Practice (0.50 FTE) • Maintain active outpatient palliative medicine practice
• Provide palliative medicine consultation for inpatient, ICU and outpatient settings
• Act as expert resource for Palliative Medicine MDs & APs • Provide mentorship and clinical expertise regarding appropriate levels of palliation to care teams across the continuum.
Required: 1. M.D. or D.O.
5. DEA Certificate
Preferred: 1. Previous clinical experience practicing outpatient and inpatient palliative medicine.
2. Demonstrated success in developing and overseeing a palliative medicine division/department is strongly preferred.
3. Completion of a Palliative Medicine Fellowship
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs