Full Job Title: Phlebotomist - Per Diem
Job Number: 17000201
Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Per Diem
Collect, label, and distribute specimens of inpatients, outpatients, and non-patients for clinical laboratory testing and diagnosis.
- Demonstrate successful achievement of job functions as listed on the competency sheet for Phlebotomist. Does Not Meet Standard = Less than 75% of job functions evaluated are satisfactory; Meet Standard = 75% – 95% of job functions evaluated are satisfactory; and Exceeds Standard = More than 95% of job functions evaluated are satisfactory.
- Respond to STATS with average TAT 30 minutes from order to collect.
- Accurately label blood specimens.
- Total less than seven errors per moth of any combination of the following: failure to perform tracking in ED, failure to collect appropriate specimen, failure to label specimen correctly (note: two occurrences will result in unsatisfactory performance), failure to notify physician if unable to collect blood specimen, failure to leave notice of non-collect, failure to communicate with other phlebotomists resulting in delayed draws, failure to run collection summary report, or failure to meet patient expectations (evidence by occurrence reports).
- Average at least twenty sticks per shift.
- Consistently maintain an average of more than 120 documented activities per 8 hour day unless total documented activities divided by the staff hours on a shift averages less than 120.
- Work up 'in lab' specimens as soon as possible after they print.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Phlebotomy experience Preferred.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs