Full Job Title: Phlebotomist- Per Diem
Job Number: 17007742
Facility: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Baraboo
Location: Baraboo, WI
The phlebotomist performs blood collection from patients of allages using age-appropriate techniques, enters collections into the computer,and prepares these specimens for testing.
- Demonstrates professional responsibility through committee participation, team and self-development, and adherence to personnel, safety and
- Participates in new employee interviews.
- Employs exceptional conversations with patients, physicians and fellow employees and displays positive team behaviors.
- Understands the usage and record keeping responsibilities of Service Recovery.
- Processes Inpatient, Outpatient and Emergency patient orders.
- Collects specimens verifying patient identity with at least 2 identifiers, selecting correct collection tube and performing successful venipuncture for both venous and capillary blood draws at least 95% of the time.
- Processes blood and other laboratory specimens by accessioning, centrifuging, aliquoting and distributing them to the appropriate departments.
- Resolves missing specimen/missing order situations quickly attempting to achieve the best possible service outcome.
- Performs accurate registration and order entry.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment.
- Attends outside educational programs as time permits, completes all manadatory competency and learning center assignments. and reads and signs all communication updates.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Current AHA BLS required within 90 days of employment
- Graduate of a certified phlebotomy technician program preferred
St. Clare Hospital – Baraboo –
Our 100-bed St. Clare Hospital is a nationally recognized leader in rural health care in south-central Wisconsin. St. Clare offers acute care, as well as a wide range of other services including chemical dependency treatment, hemodialysis, radiation oncology and a free-standing hospice facility. Additional urgent care services are available at campus locations in the surrounding communities of Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs