Pharmacy Technician Job
Full Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Job Number: 17009519
Facility: SSM Health DePaul Hospital
Location: Bridgeton, MO
Schedule: Part Time (Benefit Eligible), Days
Supports the overall positive patient experience by assuring medications are available. Under supervision by the pharmacists maintains proper operation of the automated dispensing system in addition to performing the duties of the pharmacy technician(packaging, preparing IV fluids, stocking of the nursing units).
- Provides medication for our patients by filling the Unit Dose medication orders, and loading the automated dispensing units.
- Provides safe IV compounds for our patients by preparing IV admixtures using sterile technique.
- Assures an efficient IV room by stocking the IV preparation area with IV solutions and preparing for the next shift's utilization.
- Prioritizes the delivery and pick-up of medications in a team- oriented manner with the pharmacist with whom they are working.
- Assures supplies for other departments are safe by conducting monthly inspections of all areas where drugs are stored (in Pharmacy and other departments) replacing outdated or unusable medications.
- Assures medications are available for patients by assisting, when needed, in inventory control (checking inventory, ordering, checking in orders).
- Provides safe medications for our patients by packaging any medication needed and labeling the drug with a valid bar code.
- Provides safe and secure narcotic dispensing to our patients by delivering and picking up returns of narcotic medication when needed.
- All transactions are recorded accurately in Pyxis and CII safe where available.
- Promotes a smooth running department by performing other duties as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma, specialized training in Pharmacy technician skills (minimum 6 month course) preferred but not required.
- Licensure as a Pharmacy Technician by the Missouri Board of Pharmacy
- Oral and written communication skills to provide information to Physicians, Nursing, and the Pharmacy staff
- Basic Computer and mathematics skills
- 1-3 years Hospital Pharmacy experience preferred but not required.
- IV Room experience
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed hospital offering comprehensive medical services, including inpatient and outpatient surgeries using state-of-the-art technology and facilities. Opened in 1828, DePaul Hospital - St. Louis was the first hospital west of the Mississippi River and remains the oldest continuously existing business in St. Louis. DePaul Hospital serves patients from across the St. Louis metropolitan area, including the communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs