Full Job Title: Pharmacist - DePaul Health Center - PRN
Job Number: 16014207
Facility: SSM Health DePaul Hospital
Location: Bridgeton, MO
Schedule: Float PRN
Supports the overall positive patient experience by verifying prescription orders
written by physicians and other qualified prescribers and dispensing medications as ordered. Pharmacists monitor medication therapy and supervise the dispensing functions of the technical staff.
- Increase customer satisfaction by providing support and serving as a resource for nurses, physicians and other health care providers medication information and education.
- Ensuring patient safety by appropriateness of medication therapy through medication order verification, chart review, home medication, participation in patient care rounds, patient counseling, and monitoring lab, cultures, etc.
- Contribute to zero medication errors with injury by on-line completion of Near Miss and Occurrence reports.
- Review medication event reports for process improvement opportunities.
- Increase physician satisfaction by providing accurate and safe medication order verification, preparation, and distribution. Provide medical information upon request.
- Contributing to overall financial performance by maximizing medication use appropriateness, growth of outpatient infusion services, minimizing non-formulary use and implementing network initiatives.
- As measured by employee satisfaction, collaborates with team members to accomplish department goals and provide exceptional pharmacy service.
- Contributes to future of pharmacy development by serving as a preceptor for students.
- BS in Pharmacy or a PharmD
- Registration as a Pharmacist by the Missouri Board of Pharmacy
- Oral and written communication skills to be able to discuss clinical information.
- Basic computer skills
- Hospital pharmacy experience preferred but not required.
- Infusion and/ or IV compounding experience preferred.
SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis –
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed hospital offering comprehensive medical services, including inpatient and outpatient surgeries using state-of-the-art technology and facilities. Opened in 1828, DePaul Hospital - St. Louis was the first hospital west of the Mississippi River and remains the oldest continuously existing business in St. Louis. DePaul Hospital serves patients from across the St. Louis metropolitan area, including the communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs