Full Job Title: Perfusionist
Job Number: 17008643
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Full Time
A skilled member of the open heart surgical team, qualified by academicand clinical education, who utilizes extracorporeal circulation devices toensure the safe management of physiologic function during any medical situationwhere it is necessary to support or temporarily replace the patient'scirculatory or respiratory function. Perfusionists also perform a supportiverole for other medical specialties by operating mechanical devices that assistin blood conservation techniques and blood component preparation.
- Exhibits the values and philosophy of SSM Health Care and St. Mary's Hospital in daily activities and performs job functions in accordance with hospital policies.
- Sets up and operates extracorporeal devices used for temporary replacement or support of cardiac and/or pulmonary function.
- Administers pharmacological agents, anesthetic agents, and blood products as necessary during operation of extracorporeal devices.
- Sets up and initiates operation of intra-aortic balloon pump therapy.
- Sets up and operates autologous blood processing devices.
- Operates and performs QC testing of point of care blood analysis devices.
- Assures that perfusion packs, equipment and supplies are available for scheduled and emergency surgeries. Assists in the daily maintenance of all extracorporeal and related equipment.
- Completes documentation of all clinical procedures.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new personnel perfusionists.
- Participates in the evaluation of new equipment and supply items, in the development of policy and procedure protocols, in data collection and Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Education requirement includes completion of an accredited university based perfusion program and/or current certification as a clinical perfusionist as recognized by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
- 3-5 years perfusion experience is necessary.
- Current State of Wisconsin Perfusionist license required. Yearly continuing education units must be completed for continued certification.
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
St. Mary's Hospital – Madison –
St. Mary's is a 440-bed tertiary referral hospital offeringinpatient and outpatient treatment and diagnostic services in primary care andnearly all specialties. Medical/surgical areas of special focus include theFamily Birth Center, pediatrics, Neuroscience Center, geriatrics, orthopedics,emergency services and more. St. Mary's is affiliated with the University ofWisconsin School of Medicine's three-year family practice residency program. Since1912, St. Mary's has provided service to much of south-central Wisconsinincluding Dane County and 17 other nearby counties. In the growing city of SunPrairie, northeast of Madison, St. Mary's Emergency Clinic provides services tomore than 30,000 residents.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs