Patient Accounts Supervisor Job
Full Job Title: Supervisor Patient Accounts HBP Claims & 3rd Party Processing
Job Number: 17003874
Facility: SSM Health System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
This position is responsible for providing leadership and supervising staff and daily operations of the HBP third party follow-up and claims processing functions for professional fee services within the SSM Tri-State area. The supervisor services all non-Wisconsin accounts and reports directly to the Manager – HBP Claims processing and 3rd Party Collections, Tri-State CBO.
- Provides a personal example of living the principles of continuous quality improvement whereby decision making is driven by data, and customer relationships are facilitated both within and outside the system.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the billing cycle and follow up process related to professional fee (1500) billing. Maintains a thorough understanding of payer guidelines related to professional fee (1500) claims processing and credit balance review and approval.
- Manages the professional fee billing functions within the business office to ensure all claims are generated and submitted to the appropriate payers in an accurate, compliant and timely manner.
- Creates a positive work environment for staff through team building, coaching, constructive feedback, work delegation, personal example and goal setting that encourages creativity.
- Encourages and supports staff in decision-making within their scope of responsibilities.
- Identifies and recommends potential process improvements for billing and claim edit resolution.
- Supervises the performance of the HBP insurance follow-up and claims teams as it relates to the goals and objectives while providing continual feedback and guidance to the team.
- Ensures follow up activities comply with SSM established policies, processes, and quality assurance programs.
- Works across teams to communicate trends and suggest process improvements.
- Performs technical reviews of staff work.
- Primarily focuses on day-to-day operations of the work unit to make sure the department is able to deliver exceptional service.
- Responsible for making sure department's employee engagement action plans are leveraged and connected to department goals, thereby guiding the team towards a common goal.
- Manages employee scheduling and timekeeping.
- Partners proactively with Talent Acquisition team to ensure open position are filled in a timely manner.
- Responsible for developing and implementing onboarding and training plans for new hires, thereby providing them with a foundation for success.
- Provides ongoing performance coaching with direct reports via periodic 1:1 updates throughout the year. Coaching discussions should include monitoring and reviewing quality assurance and productivity metrics for individual direct reports.
- Responsible for ensuring annual Performance Reviews are completed for each direct repot in accordance with due date. Identifies, assesses and proactively works towards resolving conflict within the team and or with other areas, departments, etc.
- Provides counseling to direct reports in relation to performance, behavior, or attendance concerns with guidance from Human Resources.
- Conducts termination meetings as appropriate with approval and support from Human Resources.
- Responsible for ensuring policy/procedure compliance.
- Associates degree or equivalent college coursework required
- Three to five years of experience in Healthcare Revenue Cycle required
- Bachelor's degree preferred from an accredited college or university in accounting/finance or related field preferred
- Certification with Healthcare Financial Management Association preferred.
- Three years of relevant leadership experience in Revenue Cycle Management including lead roles, project/committee leadership, process improvement and/or supervisory experience preferred
- Experience as a team member or team leader in financial planning or other revenue cycle improvement projects involving the collaboration, motivation and cooperation of a wide variety of people with whom there is no direct reporting relationship preferred
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs