Patient Account Services Supervisor Job
Full Job Title: Supervisor PAS Onsite - Glennon - FT - Days
Job Number: 17003902
Facility: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day, Days
Hours: 8am-4:30 pm
- Identifies emerging patient business services issues, determines the potential effect on the system and develops recommendations regarding system response for the consideration of the System Vice President – Patient Business Services, and the Senior Vice President – Finance.
- Analyzes the financial and operational effects of enacted or proposed federal legislation on the system. Prepares presentations depicting the results for System Management, members of Innsbrook, the SSM Policy Institute and system financial management.
- Receives and analyzes quarterly reports, and summarizes and interprets the results to the System Vice President – Patient business services, and the Senior Vice President – Finance.
- Directs consulting services to entities regarding a variety of revenue enhancement initiatives.
- Assist with the preparation of feasibility studies for new businesses which includes the preparation of projected revenues
- Directs the technical review of financial analyses and business plans prepared by network, campus or system office financial staff and supervises other members of system office financial staff who may assist in these reviews.
- Leads system-wide process improvement initiatives related to revenue initiatives.
- Creates a work environment for staff through team building, coaching, constructive feedback, work delegation, personal example and goal setting that encourages creativity, open dialogue on work issues, professional growth, and a consistent, high level of performance. Encourages and supports staff decision-making within their scope of responsibilities.
- Ensures that staff is activating patients in a timely manner in the patient management system upon arrival on the date of service. Ensures that staff is assisting customers with navigating the facility.
- Ensures that real-time registration and insurance eligibility for unscheduled visits, including emergency department patients.
- Ensures that staff is obtaining and entering demographic, and other financial and clinical information necessary for financial clearance on schedule/unscheduled accounts.
- Ensures that all required data elements are collected, and validated for account creation in patient business cycle systems.
- Ensures that there is a process in place to follow with up with patients/referring physicians for failed insurance eligibility.
- Communicates with staff regarding productivity, process improvements and providing training support when necessary.
- Ensures that staff understands and comply with identifying identity red flags, and know how to communicate appropriately.
- Ensuring that staff knows how to identify potential patient overlays, and either correct when applicable or communicating as appropriate for resolution.
- Provides consulting on other financial and management issues as requested.
- Support and supervise the performance and productivity of the team as it relates to onsite patient access services and pre- defined goals/targets, providing continual feedback and guidance to the team.
- Assist manager in monitoring the team's compliance with SSM established policies, quality assurance programs, safety, environmental and infection control policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with onsite patient access services manager and PSC to reduce patient access denials across the system and maintain a working environment which remains in compliance with local, state and federal regulations at all times.
- Oversee development and implementation of system office standardized processes to guarantee the integrity of demographic, financial, and clinical information that is directly related to the registration, admission, discharge and transfer process.
- Oversee onsite patient access staff efforts to ensure timely and efficient flow of patients through the registration process (inpatient, outpatient and ER)) in multiple locations throughout the facility and 24 hour coverage.
- Ensuring timely and efficient flow of patients through the registration process (inpatient, outpatient and ER).
- Provide timely feedback to staff and address performance / quality and training issues as appropriate.
- Track and report ongoing financial and operational performance of onsite PAS.
- Recognize areas of excellence and oversee the development and implementation of action plans within the PAS to address areas of underperformance.
- Acts as a replacement for all levels of staff when necessary/appropriate.
- Primarily focuses on day-to-day operations of the work unit to make sure the department is able to deliver exceptional service.
- Responsible for making sure department's employee engagement action plans are leveraged and connected to department goals, thereby guiding the team towards a common goal.
- Partners proactively with Talent Acquisition team to ensure open position are filled in a timely manner.
- Responsible for developing and implementing onboarding and training plans for new hires, thereby providing them with a foundation for success.
- Provides ongoing performance coaching with direct reports via periodic 1:1 updates throughout the year. Coaching discussions should include monitoring and reviewing quality assurance and productivity metrics for individual direct reports.
- Responsible for ensuring annual Performance Reviews are completed for each direct repot in accordance with due date.
- Provides counseling to direct reports in relation to performance, behavior, or attendance concerns with guidance from Human Resources.
- Conducts termination meetings as appropriate with approval and support from Human Resources.
- Bachelor's degree or 75% of coursework towards completion required from an accredited college or university
- Three to five years of experience in Healthcare Revenue Cycle
- Three years of relevant leadership experience in Revenue Cycle. Management including lead roles, project/committee leadership, process improvement and/or supervisory experience
- Experience as a team member or team leader in financial planning or other revenue cycle improvement projects involving the collaboration, motivation and cooperation of a wide variety of people with whom there is not direct reporting relationship.
- Typing 45 wpm
- Effective team building, conflict management, active listening and interpersonal skills.
- Project planning and management skills.
- A demonstrated ability to use PC based financial tools (spreadsheets, data bases, financial planning software and graphics, Microsoft preferred) effectively for analyses and presentations.
- Ability to craft, communicate and align teams to the established departmental and corporate vision by utilizing the capacity to simultaneously balance both the big picture strategic perspective and attention to detail.
- Act as an enthusiastic coach and leader with demonstrated ability to recruit, mentor, train and develop staff, and monitor performance.
- Exceptional communications and customer service skills.
- Ability to travel to different urgent care facilities in the Saint Louis region.
- Medical terminology preferred
SSM Health - System Office –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs