Patient Account Representative - Follow-up Job
Full Job Title: Patient Account Follow-Up Representative
Job Number: 17010086
Facility: SSM Health System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- Independently manages daily work to complete patient account follow-up activities, including referral to financial counseling and collections.
- Responsible for maintaining a low receivable by consistent follow- up on billed accounts to ensure timely payment.
- Ensure that all activities related to hospital self-pay account resolution functions meet department requirements, maximize timely revenue collection, and achieve leading practice performance levels.
- Monitors accounts receivable daily through account work lists; review and follow-up on account balances consistent with methodology of the department for all assigned accounts
- Informs the guarantor of available payment methods and sources of financial assistance. Negotiates payment arrangements with the guarantor in accordance with the collection policy.
- Processes proper adjustments according to policy and approval guidelines.
- Performs all follow-up functions needed to appropriately and accurately resolve outstanding patient accounts.
- Appropriately assesses situations from a variety of perspectives, considers various alternatives, and makes independent judgments, choosing the appropriate course of action.
- Daily focuses on attaining productivity standards, recommending new approaches for enhancing performance and productivity when appropriate.
- Follow established processes required to refer accounts to external collection agencies, or makes special arrangements for delinquent accounts.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of Governmental Rules and Regulations, utilizing this knowledge in decision making and work initiative, thus assuring compliance and avoiding regulatory violations that can result in monetary and/or civil penalties to the employee and/or SSM Healthcare.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer and keyboarding skill set
- 3 years of revenue cycle experience preferred
- Collection experience preferred
SSM Health - System Office –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs