Orderly - Surgery Job
Full Job Title: Orderly - Surgery
Job Number: 17010281
Facility: St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital
Location: Shawnee, OK
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day
Provide safe transfer of patients to and from the operatingroom. Assist with set-up and sterilization of equipment and positioning ofpatients. Assist with maintaining a clean operating room environmentalaccording to written policies and procedures. Assist with various job dutiesthroughout the department, including transportation of non-controlledmedications and bio-hazardous materials.
- Mop all operating rooms, remove debris, linens and trash after each procedure according to written procedure. Maintain current knowledge and practice of such procedures. Assist with other room cleaning duties such as suction canisters after each procedure as necessary.
- Provide assistance to anesthesia professionals (MD, DO, CRNA) in changing out machine filters and filling anesthesia gases.
- Wrap sterile instruments and assist instrument room personnel as needed.
- Order, obtain and stocks sterile solution surgical supplies to specified storage cabinets, including automated dispensing systems/cabinets.
- Assist with set up of orthopedic equipment for each case. Run biological testing on autoclaves each day.
- Transport patients to and from operating room throughout day using established patient safety protocol. Cooperate with other staff to establish patient arrival and departure times. Maintain current knowledge and practice of protocols related to patient transfer.
- Assist in transferring patient from carrier to operating room table, turning patients, holding patients, holding extremities for prepping or cast application and transferring patients from O.R. table back to carrier as necessary.
- Run errands as necessary, including but not limited to: errands to St. Anthony for x-rays or items from surgery, to the Lab for blood or to take cultures, take surgical specimens to the Lab, or errands to the Brace shop.
- Assist in stocking supplies in sterile supply room. Monitor and stock supplies as needed in specified areas.
- Clean other areas (sterile and sub-sterile) of the department by emptying trash and linen throughout the day as necessary, ensuring clean work areas throughout the day and at the end of the day. This includes, but is not limited to clean and dry floors, sinks, hopper(s), trash cans, scrub brushes, etc. Keep Doctor's dressing room neat, clean and orderly.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital is a 102-bed acute care facilitywith approximately 60 physicians and 550 health care professionals that hasbeen serving the health care needs of the Shawnee, Okla. community since 1964.The hospital offers a wide range of
services that include cardiology, oncology, surgery, emergencyservices and urgent care. Formerly known as Unity Health Center, SSM Healthfinalized an agreement to bring Unity into our system in 2012. St. AnthonyShawnee Hospital offers the community extensive diagnostic services close tohome. Additionally, it provides urgent care services in a new location thatincludes in house lab services and X-ray for the convenience of patients. St.Anthony Shawnee Hospital has been recognized for quality by Press Ganey and theOklahoma Quality Award, and the hospital is a Certified Healthy Business.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs