Office Nurse Job
Full Job Title: Office Nurse - Cardiology
Job Number: 17000836
Facility: SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
Location: Mount Vernon, IL
Schedule: Full Time, Days
- Consistently collects clinical information from other agencies, referring providers, hospital departments, etc. and proper documentation for provider in chart. Prepares reports for provider's review and stamps reports indicating date of receipt per protocol.
- Routinely performs nursing duties by: assisting with patient exams and procedures, administering injections as ordered. Properly collecting lab specimens and completing waive testing as ordered by provider. Maintaining appropriate logbooks for lab testing and other procedures.
- Regularly provides patient care by: Returning patient telephone calls and correctly answering general medical questions. Relaying medical advice ordered by physician to patients and notifying patients of test results per providers request. Electronically transmit prescriptions to pharmacy per providers protocol or request. Calls prescriptions to pharmacies per providers request/protocol. Call physician orders to hospital as requested.
- Maintains exam rooms by cleaning and stocking them daily. Monitor supplies and assist in ordering of supplies as necessary. Prepare instruments for sterilization.
- Uses professional judgment when interpreting data and making knowledge-based decisions. Utilizes appropriate multidisciplinary resources and demonstrates ability to appropriately involve provider and or supervisor/management when indicated.
- Constantly maintains a safe work environment by: adhering to the policies and procedures of the department and organization; complies with all regulatory requirements, appropriately operating equipment; following established infection control guidelines and reporting safety hazards.
- Collects pertinent clinical information for provider by: interviewing patients at each visit and accurately recording information in chart, obtaining vital signs and properly documenting. Provides initial assessment of patient and properly documents in patient chart.
- Consistently provide appropriate documentation in chart regarding dispensing of samples to patients and assist in maintaining pharmaceutical sample cabinets.
- Schedule patients for testing and procedures as ordered by provider. Make referrals to specialist and other providers per provider request and document referral information in patient chart.
- Location will be Benton and Centralia out reach clinics in addition to Mt. Vernon Cardiology office.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN or RN program
- IL Nursing License
- Previous office experience
- Med/Surg nursing experience
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs