Occupational Therapy Assistant Job
Full Job Title: Occupational Therapy Assistant
Job Number: 17007581
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day, Days, Rotating Weekends
Under the general direction of the Rehabilitation ServicesDirector, provides and documents occupational therapy services for assignedinpatients in accordance with established norms and standards. Performs otherduties to maintain departmental functions and to assure the coordination,continuity, and quality of patient care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of occupational therapy practice. Maintains professional competency and incorporates into evidence-based practice. Demonstrates an understanding of the implications of various physiological dysfunctions and disease states. Accurately completes reassessments. Assists in development of treatment plan. Assists with establishing goals in collaboration with patient/family and interdisciplinary team. Provides patient/family teaching. Assists with discharge recommendations.
- Documents patient cares in the HER in compliance with department, JCAHO and other regulatory standards to facilitate care.
- Accurately submits patient charges in accordance to hospital, department and insurance (private, Medicare, Medicaid) standards/requirements.
- Exhibits effective, professional interpersonal communication with all (peers, MD, interdisciplinary staff, supervisors, patients/families). Consults with MD and/or supervisor when situation warrants.
- Demonstrates efficient organization in work planning and work flow. Assist others as needed considering needs of the team and department.
- Contributes as an effective team member. Participates in hospital and department QI Initiatives. Actively participates in productive/problem solving dialogue. Offers and seeks solution to issues. Supports colleagues and team activities. Abides by team decisions.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for own professional practice, continuing education and competency (i.e. Mandatory in services, meetings, CRP's, department competencies). Seeks learning opportunities. Maintains professional license.
- Is accountable for hospital/ department changes affecting work performance. Reads posted memo/announcements and meeting minutes if not in attendance.
- Actively participates an is knowledgeable in Shared Governance as defined at St Mary's Hospital and the Rehab Department.
- Exhibits the values and philosophy of SSM Health Care and St. Mary's Hospital in daily activities. Performs job functions in accordance with hospital/department policy.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Must be a graduate of an approved two year technical level Occupational Therapy Assistant program
- Certified by the State of Wisconsin Medical Examining Board to practice as an occupational therapy assistant
- Previous hospital psychiatric and/or general medical/surgical or occupational therapy experience preferred
St. Mary's Hospital – Madison –
St. Mary's is a 440-bed tertiary referral hospital offering inpatientand outpatient treatment and diagnostic services in primary care and nearly allspecialties. Medical/surgical areas of special focus include the Family BirthCenter, pediatrics, Neuroscience Center, geriatrics, orthopedics, emergencyservices and more. St. Mary's is affiliated with the University of WisconsinSchool of Medicine's three-year family practice residency program. Since 1912,St. Mary's has provided service to much of south-central Wisconsin includingDane County and 17 other nearby counties. In the growing city of Sun Prairie,northeast of Madison, St. Mary's Emergency Clinic provides services to morethan 30,000 residents.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs