OB Scrub Technician Job
Full Job Title: OB Scrub Technician - Labor & Delivery
Job Number: 17013837
Facility: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - Lake Saint Louis
Location: Lake St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Part Time (Benefit Eligible)
- Performs scrub duties including appropriate procedural counts with the circulator, assisting with procedures per physician preference cards and response to emergency procedures.
- Promotes a safe environment for patients and staff by adhering to standards for asepsis including setting up of surgical and vaginal delivery fields, decontaminating instruments and equipment and removal or cleaning of drapes, instruments, tables and supplies from the OR or delivery suite. Participates in universal protocol. Monitors and appropriately manages and disposes of sharps. Reports breaks in aseptic technique immediately to circulator.
- Contributes to patient satisfaction and women and newborns teamwork by assisting the nursing staff in activities of daily living.
- Contributes to financial responsibility through appropriate and timely ordering and stocking of supplies in central areas and patient rooms.
- Functions as a member of the team by active participation in unit meetings, committees and special projects.
- High School or equivalent (GED)
- Certification as a Nurse assistant, completion of a medical assistant's program, currently in the first year of clinical nursing program, or equivalent experience (six months in direct patient care setting).
- 3 months to 1 year of experience
- Interpersonal Skills: Requires effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers and to instruct the departmental personnel. Analytical Abilities: Requires a high level of analytical ability to identify, evaluate problems and recommend solutions. In quality of services, tests and related procedures and assesses skill level of staff. Requires high level of accuracy to recognize symptoms, follow orders, initiate and document nursing care measures and instruct patients and personnel.
- Required Certification – BLS
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - Lake Saint Louis is the leading provider of health-care services for western St. Charles, Warren and Lincoln counties. The 122-bed hospital is a state-designated Level III trauma center, and specializes in obstetric and pediatric services. It offers emergency services, SSM Health Cancer Care, SSM Health Orthopedics, and SSM Health Pain Care among many other inpatient and outpatient health care services. In 2014, it was named one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics and made Becker's Hospital Review's list of 100 Great Community Hospitals.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs