Nurse Technician-Unit Secretary Job
Full Job Title: Nurse Tech/Unit Secretary - Acute Care
Job Number: 17008612
Facility: St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital
Location: Shawnee, OK
Schedule: Per Diem, 12 Hour Night
- Receive patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN) in charge. Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient age group served.
- Collect and document data for the admission assessment and reassessment at specific times for patient population. Document and provide appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and validation of patient's response to care or treatment and when significant change occurs in the patient's condition.
- Inform licensed nurse of any changes in patient condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant other educational needs.
- Prepare patients for discharge and accompany them upon dismissal as indicated.
- Stock and maintain supplies and equipment in keeping with patient care needs and cost containment. Utilize time and supplies economically and conscientiously. Maintain computer entry for unit stock, equipment requiring repair, replacement or adjustment.
- Orient new patients and significant others to the nursing unit.
- Perform mechanical and manual operation of equipment as recommended in user's manual, with ability to recognize common mechanical problems and initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, intercoms, and relay all messages to the appropriate health team member. Prepare, sort, copy and distribute correspondence, forms, reports, minutes, logs, mails and other documents in a timely, efficient manner.
- Enter/transcribe physician orders accurately and promptly and immediately notify appropriate staff on any STAT orders. Notify staff and appropriate ancillary department of discharge/transfers. Prepare chart for disposition to Medical Records.
- Maintain current information on the patient location board, organize the patient's medical record, ensure accuracy and completeness of all chart forms; post reports promptly. Maintain computer entry for all admissions, physician orders, discharges, transfers, and deaths.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Nurse Technician experience in an acute care facility preferred.
- Certification by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Certified Nursing Assistant preferred.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs