Nurse Practitioner - Palliative Medicine Job
Full Job Title: Nurse Practitioner, Palliative Care-E
Job Number: 17010559
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Full Time
- Provides expert clinical consultation and care regarding palliative care to patients, families, staff and community.
- Functions as a member of a consultative interdisciplinary work team. Works with other patient care staff as a direct care provider or in a consultative role.
- Consults with palliative care consultative service Medical Director or designees and other physicians as needed; informs primary physician of services provided
- Develops, negotiates and advances the plan of care specific to palliative care and end of life issues.
- Oversees palliative care management and facilitates appropriate and timely resources in the provision of palliative care to meet identified palliative care consultative service outcomes.
- Provides training and continuing education for staff.
- Assists in the development of clinical practice guidelines/standards in support of quality palliative care.
- Adheres to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff and the organization.
- Utilizes the nursing process to plan and coordinate interventions and evaluate care for patients and families through complex clinical reasoning and advanced synthesis of information, management of complex health care needs and coordination of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Preforms comprehensive physical evaluations, orders and interpret diagnostics, and prescribes appropriate medications.
- Master of Science or equivalent required. Graduate of a Master's program for Advanced Practice Nurse
- State of Wisconsin RN Licensure, State of Wisconsin Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber (APNP) Certification, National Certification (AANP, ANCC, NCB/PNP, or NCC) and DEA License required. National certification in palliative care required within one year of hire.
- Minimum of two years of clinical experience in area hospice, geriatric, oncology and/or primary care.
- Must obtain Medical Staff privileges
- Extensive professional working knowledge and clinical expertise in area of specialization. Incorporates knowledge of developmental stages for patients, neonates through geriatrics, as it pertains to specific patient populations. Has knowledge base regarding health care delivery systems and health care financing arrangements.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs