Nurse Manager - Bone & Joint Job
Full Job Title: Nurse Manager - Bone & Joint Hospital
Job Number: 17008998
Facility: Bone and Joint Hospital LLC
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Full Time
- Assist staff in identifying and utilizing available clinical resources to provide holistic patient care based on the nursing process, including patient education and discharge planning. Make unit rounds to determine if patient care needs are being met. Ensures that the physical environment on the patient care unit promotes quality patient outcomes.
- Ensure safe and effective nursing care is delivered to patients. Ensure unit compliance with regulatory requirements to include: OSDH and Joint Commission requirements.
- Work collaboratively with physicians, staff, and other health care providers, to deliver excellent care, to provide ongoing education and management information for patients served, and to identify opportunities to improve care and correct problems that warrant reevaluation. Also work with patient, visitors, physicians, and other customers to agree on actions to be taken in response to complaints to patient care process.
- Utilizes advanced clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills and acts as a resource to staff, directors, and other departments throughout the hospital.
- Contributes to financial performance by participating in budget planning, holding all suppliers accountable for their services, and ensuring the unit operates efficiently and productively.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration in the planning and delivery of care to patients through support of conferences, consultation, and team planning to ensure nursing care is consistent with the therapies of other disciplines.
- Orchestrate change; create, cultivate, and inspire high-performing teams and employment strategies to promote excellence and achieve positive patient, team, and unit outcomes.
- Interview and select applicants to maintain adequate staffing levels and evaluate staff according to hospital policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
- Two years of experience as a registered nurse with progressively increasing managerial responsibilities.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).
- Must be a skilled problem solver and communicator.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs