Mental Health Technician - Positive Outcomes Job
Full Job Title: Mental Health Tech II - Positive Outcomes
Job Number: 17006890
Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 7am-3pm / 3pm-11pm
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for own practice, continuing education, competency and quality. Participate in committees, teams, councils and work groups.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development and proficiency in assessing, treating, and caring for patients according to their age-specific needs.
- Apply knowledge of group dynamics in participating in therapeutic groups and maintaining the milieu.
- Receive patient care assignments from Registered Nurse in charge of unit. Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing program activities for patient population served. Apprise Registered Nurse of any changes in patient condition, of patient complaints and of patient/significant other educational needs.
- Orient new patients and significant others to the program and prepare patients for discharge and accompany them upon dismissal as indicated. Participate in the orientation of new Mental Health Techs on unit activities and procedures.
- Perform mechanical and manual operation of equipment as recommended in user manual with ability to recognize common mechanical problems and initiate corrective action or notify nurse in charge. Utilize automated processes and clinical information systems appropriately and efficiently. Follow infection control practices for cleaning equipment and spills.
- Maintain and enhance professional clinical skills and remain current in program techniques and technologies as the Mental Health Technician role develops and changes.
- Facilitates and/or participates in assigned or scheduled milieu functions including rehab, therapeutic groups, outings, etc unless reassigned other duties by charge nurse. Assist Therapists and Teachers in groups/school/activities by actively promoting, encouraging, and motivating patient's participation.
- Documents and participates in the program by collecting data for assessment and reassessment in patient record. Documentation is clear, legible and accurately describes any changes in patient condition, treatment progress/goals/interventions and precautions and 8 hour assessments, therapeutic/milieu groups or patient progress notes, and other patient safety documentation duties.
- As delegated, transport patients in a designated hospital vehicle to and from specific program activities. Ensure compliance with hospital, city, and state rules and regulations including an active driver license and annual driving record.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Mental Health, Chemical Dependency or related field -or- one year of behavioral rehab group experience -or- successful completion of SAH Mental Health Tech I internal career development program.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- Must be 21 years of age. Must possess high school diploma or GED or obtain within one year of employment in this position. CAPE training and any unit specific training must be completed in accordance with the unit policies and procedures.
- Previous related mental health tech experience preferred.
- Recent experience with ages and specialization served preferred.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs