Mental Health Technician Job
Full Job Title: Mental Health Tech II - ER
Job Number: 17008905
Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Occasional/Subs, Nights, Weekends
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development and proficiency in assessing, treating, and caring for patients according to their age-specific needs.
- Receive patient care assignments from supervisor and/or interdisciplinary team member (i.e. RN, physician, therapist, etc.). Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing program activities for patient population served.
- Apprise Registered Nurse of any changes in patient condition, of patient complaints and of patient/significant other educational needs.
- Prepare patients and significant other for what they can expect regarding the program they are being admitted to.
- Document and participate in patient care by collecting data for assessment and reassessment in patient record. Documentation is clear, legible and accurately describes any changes in patient condition and precautions in patient notes, as well as other patient safety documentation duties. Documentation is timely and frequency increases as patient condition or actions dictate.
- Provide a thorough account of care provided on the shift activity form at the end of each shift. Review shift activity form and obtains any necessary information from outgoing technician at the beginning of each shift.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Mental Health, Chemical Dependency or related field OR one year of experience dealing with a mental health population.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- Must be 21 years of age. Must possess high school diploma or GED or obtain within one year of employment in this position. CAPE training and any unit specific training must be completed in accordance with the unit policies and procedures.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs