Medical Technologist Job
Full Job Title: Medical Technologist, Registered
Job Number: 17003592
Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Perform all of the tests in a single department or majority of the procedures in all areas of the laboratory as required.
- Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing laboratory activities for patient population served.
- Perform routine and/or complex tests in all areas of the laboratory on complex instrumentation or manually as assigned (e.g. hematology, bacteriology, serology, urinalysis, coagulation, toxicology, RIA, electrophoresis, chemistry, blood bank, HLA, and virology).
- Act as a liaison with other areas of the hospital, the Oklahoma Blood Institute, and other similar organizations to coordinate activities, monitor specimen quality and appropriateness, ensure an adequate blood supply for the hospital, obtain patient information, and report unusual results to appropriate physicians/personnel.
- Establish and monitor quality control programs to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents, and procedures. Report failures of quality control and initiate corrective action if necessary.
- Calibrate, standardize, and maintain instruments; prepare reagents, standards, and controls as necessary.
- Validate and report results of tests performed. Alert physicians or medical staff concerning unusual results and offer suggestions concerning additional testing if needed.
- Assist in teaching students and new employees through a variety of teaching methods.
- Actively participate in continuing education and in-service programs in order to maintain and increase expertise in the laboratory.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Certified as an MT by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) OR Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) by the National Certification Agency for Medical Laboratory Personnel (NCA) OR certification by other nationally recognized certifying agency acceptable to the Laboratory Director obtained within 18 months of hire.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs