Medical Technologist Job
Full Job Title: Medical Technologist (ASCP)/MLT- Varied 72 hours
Job Number: 17006372
Facility: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Baraboo
Location: Baraboo, WI
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day, Mid
TheMedical Technologist is a professional who performs a full range of laboratorytests utilizing chemicals and instrumentation to analyze body fluids such asblood and urine. The medical technologist is also responsible for confirmingthe accuracy of test results and reporting laboratory findings to thepathologist and other doctors. The Medical Technologist performs evaluation oftesting methods, writing of policies and procedures and training of othertechnical staff. The Medical Technologist also performs blood collec-tion frompatients of all ages using age-appropriate techniques. Provides technicalsupervision to Medical Laboratory Technicians and non-technical staff in theLaboratory and Urgent Care sites.
- Must be capable of fulfilling the requirements of General Supervisor as set forth in CliA 1988 for high complexity testing laboratories. Demonstrates professional responsibility through committee participation, team and self-development, and adherence to personnel, safety and communication policies. Participates in new employee interviews.
- Employs exceptional conversations with patients, physicians and fellow employees and displays positive team behaviors. Understands the usage and record keeping responsibilities of Service Recovery.
- Processes Inpatient, Outpatient and Emergency patient orders.
- Collects specimens verifying patient identity with at least 2 identifiers, selecting correct collection tube and performing successful venipuncture for both venous and capillary blood draws at least 95% of the time.
- Processses blood and other laboratory specimens by accessioning, centrifuging, aliquoting and distributing them to the appropriate departments. Capable of performing accurate registration and order entry.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment. Attends outside educational programs as time permits, completes all mandatory competency and learning center assignments, and reads and signs all communication updates.
- Performs Hematology and Coagulation testing including analyzer operation and manual methods.
- Performs urinalysis and serology testing including analyzer operation and manual methods.
- Performs Microbiology testing to the level requird by position designation.
- Performs blood banking.
- Performs patient chemistry testing including analyzer operation, quality assurance, proficiency testing, calibrations, correlations, precision and linearity.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, biology, chemistry or related science
- ASCP certified or eligible
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
St. Clare Hospital – Baraboo –
Our 100-bed St. Clare Hospital is a nationally recognized leader in rural health care in south-central Wisconsin. St. Clare offers acute care, as well as a wide range of other services including chemical dependency treatment, hemodialysis, radiation oncology and a free-standing hospice facility. Additional urgent care services are available at campus locations in the surrounding communities of Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs