Medical Laboratory Technician-Radiographic Technician Job
Full Job Title: Medical Lab/Radiographic Tech - Chandler
Job Number: 17005387
Facility: St. Anthony Physicians
Location: Shawnee, OK
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day
Under minimal supervision operate stationary and portableradiologic equipment to obtain routine diagnostic radiographs/sonographs.Perform various diagnostic tests in the clinical laboratory as required.
- Operate radiologic equipment in prescribed manner to ensure safe, quality and cost efficient plain radiographs with minimal discomfort to the patient.
- Examine finished radiographs to ensure quality of requested anatomical views.
- Notify supervisor of malfunctioning equipment and when directed, arrange for maintenance.
- Maintain designated departmental records.
- Maintain and enhance technical skills.
- Obtain blood, urine, and throat culture specimens using proper procedures.
- Prepare reagents, standards and controls according to prescribed procedures.
- Restock rooms to ensure availability of all required supplies prior to the end of each work shift.
- Actively participate in continuing education and in-service programs in order to maintain and increase expertise in the laboratory.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Experience with performing diagnostic laboratoryand/or radiographic procedures typically performed in a physician practice.
- Completion of Medical Laboratory Techniciancourse preferred (may be substituted for experience requirements listed above).
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital is a 102-bed acute care facilitywith approximately 60 physicians and 550 health care professionals that hasbeen serving the health care needs of the Shawnee, Okla. community since 1964.The hospital offers a wide range of
services that include cardiology, oncology, surgery, emergencyservices and urgent care. Formerly known as Unity Health Center, SSM Healthfinalized an agreement to bring Unity into our system in 2012. St. AnthonyShawnee Hospital offers the community extensive diagnostic services close tohome. Additionally, it provides urgent care services in a new location thatincludes in house lab services and X-ray for the convenience of patients. St.Anthony Shawnee Hospital has been recognized for quality by Press Ganey and theOklahoma Quality Award, and the hospital is a Certified Healthy Business.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs