Medical Laboratory Technician Job
Full Job Title: Medical Lab Tech (MLT)
Job Number: 17005847
Facility: St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital
Location: Shawnee, OK
Schedule: Per Diem, PRN
Perform all of the tests in a single department or majority of the procedures in all areas of the laboratory as required.
- Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing laboratory activities for patient population served.
- Perform routine and/or complex tests in all areas of the laboratory, on complex instrumentation or manually, as assigned (e.g. hematology, bacteriology, serology, urinalysis, coagulation, toxicology, chemistry, blood bank, and virology).
- Calculate and record results of tests performed and report them to the appropriate doctor. Alert proper personnel concerning unusual or critical results.
- Check accuracy of equipment and reagents by performing established preventive maintenance procedures and quality control tests as assigned. Keep daily log of these checks and report failures of quality control to the department supervisor.
- Calibrate, standardize, and maintain instruments in proper working order; prepare reagents, standards, and controls as necessary.
- Assist in teaching students and new employees.
- Actively participate in continuing education and in-service programs in order to maintain and increase expertise in the laboratory.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Associate Degree from an accredited Junior or Community College or other recognized institution granting an associate degree for Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or by the American Medical Technologists (AMT) must be obtain within 18 months of hire.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs