Medical Laboratory Technician Job
Full Job Title: Medical Lab Tech (MLT)
Job Number: 16017385
Facility: St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital
Location: Shawnee, OK
Schedule: Part Time, 12 Hour Day, Weekends
Perform all of the tests in a single department or majorityof the procedures in all areas of the laboratory as required.
- Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing laboratory activities for patient population served.
- Perform routine and/or complex tests in all areas of the laboratory, on complex instrumentation or manually, as assigned (e.g. hematology, bacteriology, serology, urinalysis, coagulation, toxicology, chemistry, blood bank, and virology).
- Calculate and record results of tests performed and report them to the appropriate doctor. Alert proper personnel concerning unusual or critical results.
- Check accuracy of equipment and reagents by performing established preventive maintenance procedures and quality control tests as assigned. Keep daily log of these checks and report failures of quality control to the department supervisor.
- Calibrate, standardize, and maintain instruments in proper working order; prepare reagents, standards, and controls as necessary.
- Assist in teaching students and new employees.
- Actively participate in continuing education and in-service programs in order to maintain and increase expertise in the laboratory.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Associate Degree from an accredited Junior orCommunity College or other recognized institution granting an associate degreefor Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician(MLT) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or by theAmerican Medical Technologists (AMT) must be obtain within 18 months of hire.
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital is a 102-bed acute care facilitywith approximately 60 physicians and 550 health care professionals that hasbeen serving the health care needs of the Shawnee, Okla. community since 1964.The hospital offers a wide range of services that include cardiology, oncology,surgery, emergency services and urgent care. Formerly known as Unity HealthCenter, SSM Health finalized an agreement to bring Unity into our system in2012. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital offers the community extensive diagnosticservices close to home. Additionally, it provides urgent care services in a newlocation that includes in house lab services and X-ray for the convenience ofpatients. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital has been recognized for quality by PressGaney and the Oklahoma Quality Award, and the hospital is a Certified HealthyBusiness.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs