Medical Assistant - Rheumatology Job
Full Job Title: Medical Assistant - Rheumatology
Job Number: 17007688
Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day, Days, Rotating Weekends
Collects vital signs and patient history, collects specimensand performs basic laboratory tests, administers injections and medications asdirected by physician in addition to other clinical tasks. Administrativeduties include ordering supplies, updating/maintaining medical records andscheduling appointments.
- Initiate patient contact and prepare patient by obtaining vital signs, lab values, pain levels, patient education needs, nutritional status and related patient history information.
- Assist physician in patient examination, evaluation, and clinical procedures as needed. Administers injections and medications (exclusive of narcotics) as directed by physician.
- Provide follow-up instructions and other patient education as prescribed by the physician. Instruct patient on examination and diagnostic procedures that are to be performed.
- Maintain patient medical records and ensure proper documentation of telephone and other encounters, patient medications, etc. Notify physician of any potential complications identified.
- Clean exam room after each use and prepare room for next patient. Clean and sterilize equipment. Ensure used syringes, blades, and any other contaminated articles are disposed of properly.
- Maintain pharmacy and other clinical supplies at appropriate levels. Identify and appropriately dispose of expired supplies.
- Manage patient telephone calls of a clinical nature, communicating with the physician as appropriate and providing information to the patient as directed by the physician.
- Provide clerical support for the front office, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- ACLS or medical assistant certification from anNCCA accredited program.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facilityspecializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. Thehospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and servesthe needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma,through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. AnthonyHealthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service accessto the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgentcare services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has receivednumerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, CertifiedHealthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation ofMerit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels forquality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and manynational health care organizations.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs