Medical Assistant - Family Medicine Job
Full Job Title: Medical Assistant - Healthplex East - Family Medicine
Job Number: 17008871
Facility: St. Anthony Healthplex East
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Full Time
- Initiate patient contact and prepare patient by obtaining vital signs, lab values, pain levels, patient education needs, nutritional status and related patient history information.
- Assist physician in patient examination, evaluation, and clinical procedures as needed. Administers injections and medications (exclusive of narcotics) as directed by physician.
- Provide follow-up instructions and other patient education as prescribed by the physician. Instruct patient on examination and diagnostic procedures that are to be performed.
- Maintain patient medical records and ensure proper documentation of telephone and other encounters, patient medications, etc. Notify physician of any potential complications identified.
- Clean exam room after each use and prepare room for next patient. Clean and sterilize equipment. Ensure used syringes, blades, and any other contaminated articles are disposed of properly.
- Maintain pharmacy and other clinical supplies at appropriate levels. Identify and appropriately dispose of expired supplies.
- Manage patient telephone calls of a clinical nature, communicating with the physician as appropriate and providing information to the patient as directed by the physician.
- Provide clerical support for the front office, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- One year of medical office experience. May substitute graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program experience requirement.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs