Manager - Health Information Job
Full Job Title: Manager - Health Information
Job Number: 17008227
Facility: SSM Health Dean Medical Group Central Storage
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: 8 Hour Day, Days
The Manager, Health Information is responsible for administrative and personnel functions for multiple service lines within the Health Information department. This position is responsible for providing leadership and management for multiple teams including: Transcription, Scanning, Enter-Edit, Medical Records File Room, Medical Imaging Library/Digitization, Release of Information, Record Amendments, Privacy Audits, Mail Delivery centralized clerk and disability pools, and/or internal float staff. A strong focus in this role will also be to develop and implement changes to existing operational processes to meet current and future clinic needs. This position will also work with the Epic Clinical Team in ongoing system building and testing as it relates to the areas above. This position is also responsible for the management and oversight of many of these functions.
1. Provides leadership and oversight for staff which includes performance management, professional development, recruitment, orientation, discipline and termination. Actively mentors and monitors staff, provides professional development through documentation, training, demonstrations and answering questions.
2. Identifies and creates solutions for issues/concerns related to work flow, personnel and technical areas.
3. Serves as department liaison to patients, staff, and physicians regarding concerns related to customer service, quality, turnaround time and special projects.
4. Researches and stays informed of Health Information operations standards and practices. Coordinates the use of new services which would include negotiating price, monitoring quality, turnaround time, etc.
5. Research and respond to patients regarding amendment requests from the Privacy Officer, communicating with Epic Clinical Team, Physicians, Legal, etc. to complete requests.
6. Efficiently allocates resources, making recommendations for staffing and future budgeting concerns. Participates in the development of operating budget, as well as monitoring and meeting annual budget assumptions.
7. Project management of department opportunities and concerns with working knowledge of various software applications including EpicCare applications, spreadsheets, and DMG software management tools for monitoring budget and human resource information. Use this knowledge to create and interpret data for statistics collection and provide department statistical information to both employees and upper management as needed.
8. Research, test, recommend and implement new technologies and acting as liaison between vendors and Dean Medical Group in contract negotiations as needed. Act as department liaison with IT department (telecommunications, technical services, system development, operations) in coordinating above activities.
9. Provides process improvement recommendations.
10. Works collaboratively with other departments, offering assistance to those departments/internal customers as needed to problem solve areas as they relate to the Health Information department and customer service, Transcription/Dictation solutions, Epic, room design, etc.
11. Perform other duties as needed.
Position descriptions are not intended to be and should not be construed to be a complete list of all the duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents. Duties, responsibilities and expectations may be added, deleted or modified at any time at the discretion of the supervisor.
1. Bachelor's degree in business or health care profession or related with 3 years of relevant experience or an Associate degree in business or health care profession or related with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
2. Previous supervisory experience
3. Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
4. Proven critical thinking and problem solving abilities, including resolving complex problems requiring innovative solutions.
5. Ability to plan, assign and direct the work of others and manage under pressure to meet clinic deadlines.
6. Outstanding customer service skills.
7. Excellent computer skills.
8. The ability to work well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with multiple priorities.
9. Ability to work on teams.
1. Education/experience in a healthcare or health information related field
2. Familiarity with Epic and Nuance software.
3. Process Improvement Training/Experience
4. Previous experience with health information or medical informatics.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to sit for extended periods.
2. Ability to continuously see fine print and to use the computer for extended periods.
3. Ability to continuously hear and converse on the phone and in person.
4. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, writing or phone tasks.
5. Ability to lift and to push/pull boxes, charts or equipment weighing up to 20 pounds.
6. Ability to drive a personal vehicle on a weekly basis to reach various job sites.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs